Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: .22lr Suppressor Cleaning

Good solution! The upgraded core is much better.

I 100% recommend that you do NOT use an ultrasonic cleaner to clean and AL parts. They will develop porosity over time and fail. It is the ultrasonic cleaning action that hurts the material so the even plain water will cause problems. Better safe than sorry. If Huntertown or someone else will warrant their product in writing that it is safe for ultrasonic cleaning than so be it, but IMHO you will be using their 'anything but stupid' warranty at some point in time.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost27 View Post
    Instead of trying to figure the best method for cleaning my guardian, I have dispatched it to huntertown arms for the kestrel upgrade. Teresa from huntertown arms told me there is a 1-2 day turnaround for upgrades. So being that i sent it today, maybe i'll have it at the end of next week or the beginning of the following week..
    Do you have to do anything special to send it out like that? Being class 3 and all.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Do you have to do anything special to send it out like that? Being class 3 and all.
    Huntertown is a licensed manufacturer so they can accept and firearm from anyone. It's the same as if your Ruger 10/22 malfunctions and they want it back for repair.

In fact ANY real (non-03 C&R) FFL can accept any firearm from anyone for 'gunsmithing'.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    Huntertown is a licensed manufacturer so they can accept and firearm from anyone. It's the same as if your Ruger 10/22 malfunctions and they want it back for repair.

In fact ANY real (non-03 C&R) FFL can accept any firearm from anyone for 'gunsmithing'.
    Thanks. Just curious.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Dauphin County)

I had to same problems and concerns as the OP. I bought the Kestrel upgrade, much easier to keep clean.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    when i sent my YHM back, i just dropped it off at a gun friendly UPS location, no FFL, then had to sit at home all day waiting for UPS to drop it off.

when you drop packages off, they ask what is inside. i said gun parts. if you lie, then there is a chance UPS would honor the claim if it gets lost or stolen.

the reason you need to be home, is they send it back, adult signature required.

(Lancaster County)

I want to send mine back for the upgrade but I can't part with it yet

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    when you drop packages off, they ask what is inside. i said gun parts. if you lie, then there is a chance UPS would honor the claim if it gets lost or stolen.
    I think I would have been very, very specific in this instance. It is not really a gun part (in my mind), it is a gun accessory. I would have said that it is a suppressor. Gun parts are not necessarily NFA items,,,,,, suppressors are. I may have "over insured" it also,,,,, to cover the pain and suffering I would have to endure awaiting BATF approval for a replacement.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Allegheny County)

yeah, i insured it for double.

you make a good point about being specific. i just didn't want anyone to get any bright ideas.

(Washington County)

Well I sent my can back to Huntertown Arms for the kestrel core upgrade and got it back today. I must say, I am very happy with Huntertown Arm's customer service and speedy turnaround. They recieved it last Monday, and sent it back Thursday; I would have got it Saturday, but I was busy and missed the mailman so I picked it up at the post office today after work.

I am satisfied with the kestrel core and new ss endcap on the end that threads to the gun. Huntertown Arms even surprised me by throwing in a pouch for my guardian. I know the pouch is inexpensive and I already have pouch for it anyways, but it's the principal that they threw it in for me. t's not often these days a company goes that extra little bit to make a customer happy. Kudos to Huntertown Arms for oustanding customer service. I couldn't have had a better experience.
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast