Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Idlewild Park Carry

So the whole family wants to go to Idlewild in a few weeks. Anyone ever carried there? Metal detectors and such? It been about 12 years since I was there last and can't remember as the last time I was there was as an employee so we never went in the main gate.

On a cursory look, I did see on the site that they have a "no weapons" policy, but the thing that pissed me off more than anything was the section that followed (red emphasis by me):

Security at the Park

The Park strives to make your experience a happy one, in all respects. Unfortunately, there is no way that we can erase the wicked intent of some people. Therefore, please understand that the Park cannot, and does not, guarantee your personal security or that of your personal property (even if placed in a locker), and in no event will the Park be held liable for your lost, stolen or damaged possessions. If you need to store your possessions, ask the Park about lockers. If you have loose items while wanting to go on a ride, please have a friend or family member hold them or put such possessions in a locker.

It is the unfortunate truth that at any amusement park, or at any place in society, no amount of security can prevent people from acting in a criminal manner if they are intent on so acting. The Park can only try to reasonably watch over the premises and the people therein, and respond in a professional manner to any security threat or incident.

If you experience a security issue, please notify Park staff; we are here to assist you.
    Guess what, Idlewild. Since you cannot guarantee my security and you recognize that no one can prevent the wicked in the world, I'll provide my own security for my family instead of waiting for your group of Paul Blart's on the gulf carts and segways...
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Idlewild Park Carry

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    On a cursory look, I did see on the site that they have a "no weapons" policy...
    Well, good thing you arent planning on bringing a weapon, just a defensive tool to deal with their inability to ensure your safety.

(Bedford County)

It's been A few years since I was there, but it's very low key on entry security.

(Somerset County)

I was there last year, no metal detectors or anything. Just get your ticket at the gate, find a parking spot and walk right into the park.

The Irwin Community Picnic was at Idlewild every year when I was a kid. Still love that place.

(Westmoreland County)

I always deep CC there. I go twice a year. Once for the Highland Games there and for the planning meeting a month or so before the games. I get a free entry pass that day. One of the perks of the job.

To the OP Have fun and enjoy the day. It's a lovely, low-key place to spend the day with your family. Much more laid-back than that urban shit-hole known as Kennywood.

I'm going tomorrow and plan to carry. wish i had a smaller carry gun then my g19. maybe i'll take my wifes 5 shot .38. too bad it's pink.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by blau iii View Post
    I'm going tomorrow and plan to carry. wish i had a smaller carry gun then my g19. maybe i'll take my wifes 5 shot .38. too bad it's pink.
    I dont think a threat will laugh at you as they are staring down the barrel.

(Beaver County)

I did go, but ended up not carrying because my family wanted to spend time in the soak zone and I, for good reason, didn't feel comfortable leaving my gun unattended. I can say, though, that there is little security there and no one to scrutinize your entrance into the park. You literally drive up to the gate, give them your tickets, park, then walk in. I'd say as long as you're concealed and you have some form of retention to prevent it from falling out on any of the rides, go for it.
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)