Good afternoon! I currently have a Pennsylvania non-resident carry license issued by the Centre County Sheriff's office (from when mail applications were accepted). It expires in June 2015. I have the PA license primarily for reciprocity in Georgia and also for Pennsylvania. My husband's family is in Jefferson County, Ohio, and we travel into Pennsylvania almost every time we visit. In researching Pennsylvania Sheriff's who will issue non-resident permits I came across a list that says the Westmoreland Sheriff's Office will issue non-resident permits. Since it's one of the closest counties to Jefferson County that is listed as issuing non-resident permits, I thought I'd reach out and try to see how much of a pain it is to get a non-resident permit from Westmoreland County since I know I'll have to go in person to apply.

I will have no problem passing the background check as I am an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and a South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Certified Concealed Weapon Permit Instructor.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.