Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Closest County to Connecticut that will issue a non resident permit

Never got around to getting my non resident permit, and now it appears no one on the east coast of PA will issue one, according to their websites. Bucks used to, but even they say no on the site.

I have a Florida and NH permit along with my CT, Florida is no good anymore, and I have no idea how much longer nh will work there.

Please help me find a place to drive to. I'll go up to 150 miles from the CT border.

Thanks.

Default Re: Closest County to Connecticut that will issue a non resident permit

Never mind, Luzerne will do it.

Road trip!

(Mercer County)

I had no idea the east side was like this. Scary feeling

It's 167 miles from my current location, and the closest one I can find to do it. They'll also issue it same day, so I don't have to drive back.

(Lackawanna County)

The more dirtbags that move out of jersey and new york that bring their entitlemebt attitutde with them the worse it gets

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by harlenm View Post
    Never mind, Luzerne will do it.

Road trip!
    I think most Sheriffs do not want to be bothered with out of state permits. Especially in the east, where you would likely get a lot of NJ and NY residents walking in and trying to get permits. Just a waste of time. That does not make it right, just my take on why they don't do it. Personally, I think the State Police should issue the out of state ones, by mail order.

Luzerne is about as close to the state border as you are going to get. Next over is Lackawanna, which is Scranton. Very close to Luzerne's county seat Wilkes Barre. Next is Honesdale, Wayne County, which is maybe 50 miles closer.

Drive down on Friday, then go a little bit further on to Knoebles (an old time amusement park). Road Trip!

On a side note, how easy or hard it is to get a license in CT?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    I had no idea the east side was like this. Scary feeling
    Does Beaver issue to non-residents?
    Looking at their website, they barely issue to their own residents. Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I think most Sheriffs do not want to be bothered with out of state permits. Especially in the east, where you would likely get a lot of NJ and NY residents walking in and trying to get permits. Just a waste of time. That does not make it right, just my take on why they don't do it. Personally, I think the State Police should issue the out of state ones, by mail order.

Luzerne is about as close to the state border as you are going to get. Next over is Lackawanna, which is Scranton. Very close to Luzerne's county seat Wilkes Barre. Next is Honesdale, Wayne County, which is maybe 50 miles closer.

Drive down on Friday, then go a little bit further on to Knoebles (an old time amusement park). Road Trip!

Going to knoebels in August, want a permit now just in case your AG decides to void the NH non resident reciprocity agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post

Not that hard. I have one.

You need training, specifically the NRA Basic Pistol course, 8 hours with live fire. FIRST steps will not work. You can take a specific CT course at Sig Sauer academy but it's better to just do NRA basic.

You can do it by mail. Call DESPP and ask for an out of state resident packet. It has all instructions. You need a permit from any other state. Your PA LTCF would qualify.

Fee is $70 plus I think $56 (that fee may have been removed now).

Takes about 4 months, given that they are backlogged due to the new gun laws.

Also, you are only allowed to carry 10 round (or less) magazines. Just bear that in mind.

I go there somewhat often and I carry. No problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_j View Post
    Not that hard. I have one.

You need training, specifically the NRA Basic Pistol course, 8 hours with live fire. FIRST steps will not work. You can take a specific CT course at Sig Sauer academy but it's better to just do NRA basic.

You can do it by mail. Call DESPP and ask for an out of state resident packet. It has all instructions. You need a permit from any other state. Your PA LTCF would qualify.

Fee is $70 plus I think $56 (that fee may have been removed now).

Takes about 4 months, given that they are backlogged due to the new gun laws.

Also, you are only allowed to carry 10 round (or less) magazines. Just bear that in mind.

I go there somewhat often and I carry. No problems at all.
    It's much easier for a non resident to get it than it is a resident. Statutory limit is 8 weeks to grant or deny your permit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast