Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: THE NEW HARRISBURG, PA GUN SHOW

Not too bad a show. There were some good prices if you knew what to look for. 22 Ammo is still a joke though. I found an awesome price on a 10/22 that went home with me. Could not find my chiappa double badger i want so will have to keep looking for a dealer that can order them

(Lawrence County)

TV said 800 tables at this show. I am thinking more like 200 > 300. I didn't think it was very good. I bought a few items, but could have got more. Inflated prices on ammo and rifles. Some good pistol prices though.

Probably too many shows at the same time too close together. May not go back to that one. I like the one in Phoenixville, Better.

(Lancaster County)

Pretty good missed out on a great deal because I overthought it 40 cal hipoint casrbine $225.00 used I did pick up some other stuff no ammo though. I thought it was a decent show.
    Last edited by HKusp 45; June 29th, 2014 at 06:27 PM.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by herplover View Post
    . . . Could not find my chiappa double badger . . .
    One of the LGS here has one; PM'ed you the contact info. They would ship to your local dealer.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Blair County)

This was my first time ever to a Harrisburg show. I was disappointed. It was not as big as I was led to think it would be. The show at Monroeville is just as good if not better IMHO.

(Lancaster County)

This show was a joke and a waste of 9$. The only thing I left with was a tub of Peter pipers PA dill pickels.

Ha ha.

Seriously though. Ammo prices were a joke overall and I really didn't see any good gun deals. The only people paying those prices seemed new to the scene. I guess I'll just stick to online and Wal-Mart.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludedude1992 View Post
    This show was a joke and a waste of 9$. The only thing I left with was a tub of Peter pipers PA dill pickels.

Ha ha.

Seriously though. Ammo prices were a joke overall and I really didn't see any good gun deals. The only people paying those prices seemed new to the scene. I guess I'll just stick to online and Wal-Mart.
    There were 2 vendors with 10/22 significantly cheaper than Shydas . I also so several vendors with handguns cheaper than shydas . There were 2 KSGs there. Most gun shops have year long list to get one. I also saw a keltec PMR30 there and have not seen one of them since shortly after Newtown. I did see a few ammo deals but over all the ammo was not worth the drive and cost. there were deals there for some people. At least there was no bad publicity like the Bloomberg show

(York County)

Ammo prices were a no go. I wonder if any vendors actually want to sell ammo, or they are just waiting for suckers to pay their price.

A lot of Chinese knifes and scopes. Some guy was trying to sell an $1800 S&W AR-15 because it had a fluted "simmons" barrel.

A lot of unmarked AR uppers for $600

A lot of the big companies are selling uppers on the cheap to thin the herd. I guess the junk market gun show hasn't caught on.

(Dauphin County)

I was pleasantly surprised. Arrived at 9:45 Saturday to no line. Extended my NRA membership for $30 ($5 less than usual renewal), got a free hat and admission. We started by circling the perimeter and had a sense of gloom; however working toward the center things improved.

I bought a used Leupold and a used Sako, both for great prices. It took about three or four hours to get through everything, largely skipping the black guns which dominated the show.
    Last edited by Thomasconnor; June 30th, 2014 at 09:12 AM.

(Huntingdon County)

There were deals here and there - you just have to be a savy buyer and know what the going rate was on items elsewhere.
    There were a couple complete AR rifles (RRA I think?) that looked to be a pretty decent deal.

Personally I scored a whole bunch of Steel G3 magazines for $3 each, which was a good bit better than I could get them for online.
    Lancer mags were 15ish each, not bad.
    Ammo was hit or miss. Bought some American Eagle for $7 a box.
    The fudge was good too...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123