Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Question Kel-Tec P32 vs. P3-AT

So I'm looking for a nice pocket carry, and I used to have a Taurus 738 which was good size, but i got rid of it thinking I wanted something bigger. I now realize i want something small. Does anyone have experience with either of these arms? after using/firing a micro 380, I'm leaning toward the .32 (alot of people in forums have a fierce loyalty to their .32 ACPs).

Thoughts, opinions, and experiences are welcome. :-)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Kel-Tec P32 vs. P3-AT

I personally prefer the 32acp. We've tried the LCP's and they are quite snappy. Shot nice but didn't really care for the recoil, which made range shooting unpleasant after only 50 to 100 rounds.

I've been shooting 32acp for years and love the round. Confident enough with it at 7 to 21 feet, yet recoil is manageable for quick follow-up shots.

I've been carrying a P32 now for almost 14 years. Lightweight, reasonable ammo capacity, and very thin, typically don't notice I have it with me. P32 has one extra round than the 380. And, I prefer the slide lock on empty.

Every pistol I own or have owned in 32acp has been a pleasure to shoot.

Good luck with your search and hope that helps.
    I forgot how much I missed the slang from the 70's and 80's: "Bite me, dig?"

(Bucks County)

My wife has a P32. It doesn't get much more concealable than that. It's a lot more controllable and accurate than the P3AT. It also holds more rounds and the slide stays open on the last shot. I've actually bulls-eyed with it at 25 yds defying all known laws of physics.

Only issue with them is the possibility of rim lock, (rim of top round in mag getting stuck behind the one beneath it) said to be more common with shorter length hollow point rounds. I've never experienced it but I make sure the rounds are loaded properly in the magazine. Also I prefer FMJ's in a .32 with that short of a barrel. Kel-tec makes a thin spacer thingy to slide in the back of the mag to prevent that from happening.

It's not a big game hunting round but it's definitely lethal. It took out Archduke Ferdinand and his wife and started WWI. So it's responsible for more deaths than any other round in history.

(Butler County)

NAA make a Guardian in 32 ACP. Just throwing that out there as another option.

(Allegheny County)

P32 = Great pocket pistol!

Ammo you'll want to carry in it - https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=132
    Toujours prêt

I had both at one point and can say I loved the p32 it's actually the reason I bought the p3at which I hated. I've had LCP's and now a tcp which I love but I do miss the p32 great gun and a good round. Rock Islands wife now enjoys it. I found it to be much easier to shoot than the 380 and there is an extra round also. I did carry hollow points but that just my preference as I want max energy transfer cause with those type guns I aim high. They're called eyes nose and throat guns for a good reason.
    Out of the two I would pick the p32 I think it's a better package. I'm not a Keltec fan at all and I have had my p3at fail and fail again and watched the metal of the slide get dented and scored by the recoil. The 32 never did that and was flawless from the first round. It may not be the best built gun but the 32 isn't a hand breaker so the gun will take it and the muzzle energy isn't that much different than the 380.

(Lancaster County)

I have the P32, It's my daily carry gun. I sometimes go bigger, but this is my go-to "I'm not carrying a gun" gun. Disappears in pocket (front or back) light-weight, accurate enough (can cover the rounds with the gun at 10 yards), and reliable. Ammo is LESS available than the .380, but it's out there if you look. I have the Arma-laser attached, which breaks up the outline of the pistol more than anything else (I back pocket carry a lot, and that seems to shift the point of aim of the laser, but -meh- it's a point shooter anyway...)

Cb
    p.s. if you are near Trop in E-town you are more than welcome to shoot mine and try it yourself (you supply the ammo)

(Lackawanna County)

My only concern is the grip looks tiny. I'm gonna head over to my LGS soon here and handle a few, but in your experiences, can you get at least 2 fingers on the grip without an extension?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePiperOfSeville View Post
    My only concern is the grip looks tiny. I'm gonna head over to my LGS soon here and handle a few, but in your experiences, can you get at least 2 fingers on the grip without an extension?

Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

One thing I wanted to point out about the keltec 32. I've seen this on two of the three Keltec 32's Ive handled and found its common with the firearm. Just a heads up....

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/p...2-defect-1.jpg

More info:
    http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389061

http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast