Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Sick of local gun shops.

Okay this a rant, I'm upset right now so this may not make much sense.

After work today I headed over to shyda's to purchase a $760 Gun Safe. I get up stairs to their showroom ask one of the associates that works there the normal things ( I know this guy pretty well from going there a lot ). And Proceed to tell him I will come down Saturday for this. I tell him the vehicle I have ( 97 Ford Expedition ). He didn't seem to care and we both agreed this would fit very easily into my vehicle. Then all of a sudden Guy X comes has something to say about this. Now I have seen Guy X plenty of times but don't like how he treats me when I'm there. I feel Guy X is always trying to NOT sell me items and that my presence there is a waste of his time. Even though I have made many purchases there before. He makes the face of laziness and then has to start asking 50 questions about my truck. I tell him my back seat is taken out and my middle seats are folded down and there would be no problem getting this on my truck if I brought along four of my co workers with me. Guy X still isn't buying any of this, So I tell him if you won't sell me the safe I'll go somewhere else and purchase one... Again another face of laziness and then some comments about "safety and how his loading curb sits to high for my truck." I finally thought to myself this customer service is a bunch of b/s and my presence was a waste of their time. I left with myself rambling to them that I spend quite a bit of money there and they treat me like I was one of those guys that comes in there every week looks at a pistol and never buys anything. Tonight was my last visit to shyda's. If anyone Local to lebanon knows the owner of Shyda's, I would like to contact him. If the owner of shyda's turns out to be Guy X He alread knows how I feel and he probably knows I'm not coming back there anymore.

In case anyone cares heres a list of Firearms I had purchased from shyda's in the last 2 years.

Remington 700
    Remington 870
    Mossberg 835
    Bushmaster M4
    Glock 30 .45 acp
    Tuarus PT 1911
    Not to mention all the ammo and other hunting supplies and equipment I had purchased there at their clothing shop.

I guess I didn't meet their quota for customer firearms purchases to receive the Gold Member Customer Service.

One guy ruined my shopping experience there and it reflects on the whole store. I'm NEVER going back there and Bob Enck will receive all my business from this point on.

If there are any spelling and grammar errors sorry just upset at the moment.

Brad
    Last edited by Dextrimental; September 28th, 2008 at 02:18 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sick of local gun shops.

free shipping on orders over $150 at Cabelas until June 25

http://www.cabelas.com/

(Erie County)

Unfortunately, customer service is a dying art in our society and I stay away from businesses without any. It's too bad when you feel a connection to a local business and they show little respect for their "regular" customers (or any customer for that matter).
    When the government has a knife at your throat and a hand on your wallet, it matters not whether it is the left or the right hand.

(Jefferson County)

If you wouldn't have mentioned the name of the shop I would have sworn you were talking about Grices in Clearfield.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    If you wouldn't have mentioned the name of the shop I would have sworn you were talking about Grices in Clearfield.

LOL

HAHAHAHA

I can't stomach that place UNLESS one of my snitches lets me know something IM after is there.

(York County)

I hate that crap. If you don't want my money or you don;t wqant to do your job then either tell me " Hey get the EFF out" or quit and find a job that pays you to be an asshole. Customer service is a lost art, thats why I shop over the internet. My keyboard loves me no matter what I spill on it.

Dave
    3%

(Montgomery County)

May I also suggest Richland Shooter's Supply. Great place with great people.

(Lebanon County)

While your feelings at this time are passionate and justified, take a break and sleep on it, perhaps you could go back and ask to speak with the manager and explain that interaction, if guy x is the manager ask him why he seems to be so antagonistic to you or that is your perception, if then you don't find satisfaction you can leave knowing you did all you could do. Just a suggestion.

(Dauphin County)

naa screw that place they have always been stuck up and ignorant, send an email to the owner and let him know exactly what happened , hopefuly yuou have guy X's name and if it is the owner you can let him know more about how you feel about him and his business !!!

customer service is a lost art for sure, its a shame i am running out of places i can shop and or eat (
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

Quote Originally Posted by 4XLT View Post
    naa screw that place they have always been stuck up and ignorant, send an email to the owner and let him know exactly what happened , hopefuly yuou have guy X's name and if it is the owner you can let him know more about how you feel about him and his business !!!

customer service is a lost art for sure, its a shame i am running out of places i can shop and or eat (

We have LOTS of good places here!!!!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast