So my Crimson Trace Rail Master came in this morning, right as I got to the range (as I was hoping it would). One of the gentlemen working the counter at Target World took their display P07 out of the case and together we figured out how to mount it. Then he removed it and I went downstairs to the range and mounted it on my own P07.

Mounting was very easy. There are two screws on one side that you loosen almost to the point of falling out, just like any other rail mount device I've used. I could not get it close enough to use the last slot on the rail, so I had to settle for the second one. That's still within reach of my fingertip for activation, but anybody with smaller hands than mine would struggle to reach it when holding the gun with a proper "ready" grip.

The site comes with 3 different plates that you can snap in for different rail designs. For the CZ P07, no adapter plate was necessary.

Adjustment took about 10-15 minutes of resting the gun on the bench, sighting (while on my knees) to the target with the sights, then observing laser position and adjusting. For the purposes of the adjustments, I had the target at the 10 yard line. Adjustments were very easy with the included allen wrench, although it started out as a bit of an IQ test for me.

The instruction sheet is very clear on how to move it left, right, up or down. The problem was I thought the adjustments were to move the point of impact in the indicated direction. In reality you are moving the pointer in the indicated direction, so if you are shooting low, you actually move the pointer down, which raises the angle of the gun. Most of you probably already knew that, but I wasted a few minutes and about 10 rounds figuring that out.

In any event, once adjusted it was fantastic. It held adjustment very well over 150 rounds. The light is bright and crisp on the target. Other than a couple flyers on some attempts to re-acquire the target quickly after first shot, pretty much every round was in the 10 ring. I couldn't be more pleased with the performance, and consider it $150 well spent (I bought the red model…green was $80 more). I have yet to use try it in full sunlight to see if I can see it and how far away. I'll update the thread when I get that chance.

This laser solved a challenging problem for me. I had Lasik surgery back in January, and had my dominant left eye adjusted for distance. As a result, I can no longer see the sights on my guns with my left eye. I have to use my right eye to see the sights and (because my left eye is dominant) close my left eye. Like many folks here, I prefer to shoot with both eyes open, but with traditional open sights, that's no longer possible.

With the laser I was able to shoot with both eyes open again, and am back to hitting the bullseye while doing so.

If you're in a similar situation, or if you just have old eyes that are making the sights hard to see, I highly recommend this as a viable solution for most applications. If you're considering one, live anywhere near me and want to try one first before you plunk down the bucks, shoot me a PM and we can meet at Target World.

Regards,

BCB