Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default has anyone seen the new XDm from springfield yet

Just saw it. very very nice gun. if you want to check it out go on
    the-m-factor.com they have some very nice vids. Am thinking about that instead of the S&W 40 m&p compact. it holds 16+1 of 40 S&W. the only thing i dont get though is i thought u were only allowed to have 10 in a clip if your carry in pa unless you have LE stamped on your clip atleast thats what a LEO told me. I also called tm today and they said they have 2 versions ones $630 and the other is $650. Plus instead of getting a little gun case you pretty much get a briefcase and it comes with some extra's. If anyone has used this gun or owns one already some feedback on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by S&Wmike19; June 13th, 2008 at 04:35 PM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: has anyone seen the new XDm from springfield yet

its called a magazine, and no there is no capacity limit for magazines in pennsylvania

Your cop friend lied to you, I'm sad to say.

My wife loved her XD9 Tactical. The XDm is interesting, since I think she's going to end up buying a new one.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Delaware County)

ahhhh so there is no capacity limit in pa very nice to know. Is there any place i kind find info on it and since we are on the topic he also told me hollow points are illegal too but i would really love to find more info on the mag capacity because i have heard it from numerous people that 10 in a mag is all pa will allow thats why pretty much all the newer guns come wit a mag capacity of 10. Thanks in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by S&Wmike19 View Post
    ahhhh so there is no capacity limit in pa very nice to know. Is there any place i kind find info on it and since we are on the topic he also told me hollow points are illegal too but i would really love to find more info on the mag capacity because i have heard it from numerous people that 10 in a mag is all pa will allow thats why pretty much all the newer guns come wit a mag capacity of 10. Thanks in advanced.
    No mag limits, no limits on ammo or bullet type.

(Delaware County)

LOL, Mike is your friend still a LEO? He's given very bad and wrong info.

Federal Hydra-Shok JHP are in ALL my magazines except when I target shoot. Shooting JHP are unnecessary and tend to be expensive.

We were out and about today, and Cathy and I got to handle one. MUCH nicer than the old XD, IMHO. The grip shape is a little different, and they've really relieved the area under the trigger guard so you've got a much more comfortable and "controlling" grip on the gun. The new little "nubs" on the grip give a very firm hold on the gun without being rough on the hands. The sights are much, much better. They've completely changed the slide shape, I don't think there's a chance these would work in an old XD holster, but I could be wrong. The slide is much more rounded off, the only sharp edges I felt were on the top of the slide by the breech face. I REALLY like the fact that you no longer have to dry fire the gun to strip it. It will be interesting to see if the new "match" barrel makes real difference in accuracy.

I liked Cathy's old XD9 Tactical. I like the XDm much better, and Cathy is absolutely in love. She has decreed that as soon as it's available in 9mm, she shall have one. So far, it's only available in .40 S&W from what the folks at the store said.

One final plus, it's not half as ugly in person as it is in pictures, not a bad looking gun at all.

(Delaware County)

I had the opportunity to shoot one last night at TM and I must say, I was very impressed. Felt real good, the grip is amazing as your hands just automatically conform to the grip and strap. No need to readjust when you get in your stance. I emptied 5 out of the magazine with a little bit on the average side of a 2.5" grouping.

Blowback was not as bad as my Sigma .40, and I can only attribute that to the longer barrel. It's funny, because as I was about to pull the trigger, I was saying to myself that it doesn't look bulky enough to be a .40, and was expecting a recoil equal to that of a 9mm. I was pleasantly surprised.

I was shooting my personal ammo of Remington .40 Golden Sabers as I didn't want to use the nice person who let me test fire their new gun's ammo.

If they ever do a .357sig or .45acp, I think I would definetly have to get one for myself.

It's growing on me...but I've only fondled one briefly in a local shop. I'd think about getting one in 9mm for cheaper shooting than everything else I have in .45 acp.

(Delaware County)

i don't know if he is a LEO still i was talking to him while waiting to get into a club in philly idk maybe in philly its different, cause we all know they like to enforce their own laws but thanks for the feedback and also had a couple of people tell me the new xdm is great but not a good carry gun because of the size of it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast