Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default 380 pistols reviewed by women

I hope this will be helpful to women who are in the market for their first 380.

Three lovely ladies to review the Ruger LCP, Smith & Wesson Bodyguard, Colt XSP Mustang, and the Glock 42 for us.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7nWBMIeIXI

http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 380 pistols reviewed by women

Thoroughly enjoyed the review! Would love to see those same three women (and same moderators) handle compact and then full size 9's . . . and then compare the winners from each category to each other.

Then answer some questions . . . which would you use at the range . . . for HD . . . carry in your purse . . . etc.

Having women new to firearms *watch* women go through that would be quite useful.

The LCP was "snappy" (but it is the only one that does fit in my pocket) . . . the bodyguard trigger was a disaster . . . the Colt an eye-opener . . . and the Glock has killer sights lol. Turns out these women's reactions were pretty much the same as men who share their hand size.

Hokkmike Guest

Thanks. I carry the Bodyguard and my biggest gripe is also the trigger pull. That is, of course, a safety feature of the gun.

Also, to my knowledge, the S&W is the only one of the 4 choices with a manual safety.

Well done.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    . . . Also, to my knowledge, the S&W is the only one of the 4 choices with a manual safety. . . .
    The Colt impressed me, so I noticed it has a manual safety too.

(Monroe County)

Try the Sig P238 you will love it. 1911 style with manual safety. And a great looking pistol on top of being a great shooter.

The CW380 is smaller than the LCP, it is fun to shoot, and the recoil is mild.

Where is the greatest .380 of all time? The Walther PPK?
    Repeal the 17th Amendment

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat222 View Post
    Where is the greatest .380 of all time? The Walther PPK?
    VERY interesting question. I spent some quality time with an InterArms Walther PPK a while back. It was a beautifully made handgun that caught me at just the wrong point on my thumb every damn time I fired it. I loved the inherent accuracy and the form factor, but that little beauty beat the crap out of my hand, and I can't imagine wanting to shoot more than a box of ammo through it at a time. My issue with it was more the "this pistol in this hand equation" problem than a problem with the pistol itself. I have spoken with other people who had the same experience.

I liked the PPK so much I went out and bought a CZ-82. I have never fired the CZ-83 in .380, but it might be the first thing I'd look at if considering a pistol in that caliber.
    If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by TParrish View Post
    VERY interesting question. I spent some quality time with an InterArms Walther PPK a while back. It was a beautifully made handgun that caught me at just the wrong point on my thumb every damn time I fired it. I loved the inherent accuracy and the form factor, but that little beauty beat the crap out of my hand, and I can't imagine wanting to shoot more than a box of ammo through it at a time. My issue with it was more the "this pistol in this hand equation" problem than a problem with the pistol itself. I have spoken with other people who had the same experience.

I liked the PPK so much I went out and bought a CZ-82. I have never fired the CZ-83 in .380, but it might be the first thing I'd look at if considering a pistol in that caliber.
    I have owned the PPKS, and the CZ83. The CZ83 hands down is the greatest. Excellent handling. Accurate. Likes heavy bullets, a great pistol for instruction in pistol theory capable of standard double action and single cocked and locked. Unjammible. However, for a small gun the cw380 cannot be beat. Tiny, accurate, not painful to shoot.

(Lancaster County)

That video had some horrible gun handling and Im not just talking about the women.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast