I would like to preface this review with this...I have never reviewed a firearm before,so be nice:]

OK so I picked up the new Pistol & took it to the range for a quick session.
The pistol came with 2 14 round mags,I had an old Sigma mag that fits & functions perfectly that holds 15 rounds.The Factory 14 round mags are extremely hard to fit the 14th round in.I'm hoping that after I break them in it'll get easier to load that last round.

With factory mag inserted

With Sigma mag inserted

I fired 100 rounds in total,2 different bullet weights,2 different manufacturer's.All rounds were fired at 25'.The pistol was fired right out of the box,I did take it apart 1st just to get familiar with it,but I did not clean or lube the pistol.I fired Winchester 180gr JHP's & PMC 165 FMJ's

The pistol felt really good in my hand,BUT....The trigger is VERY spongy for lack of a better word.It kind of feels like a mediocre DA revolver pull.I'm not saying that it sucks,but it is definitely not as nice as my Springfield XDM or XDS.For $259 though[$303 out the door] I can definitely live with the trigger.
The pistol fired FLAWLESSLY!!!
Honestly I was expecting a few failures just due to negative opinions I have heard on this pistol.It was really fun to shoot & I'm happy that I finally added a .40 pistol to my collection.
Here are some pics of my target,The 1st mag I loaded 14 rounds but can only count 12 on the target.This was the 1st .40 pistol that I have ever fired though.

2nd,3rd & 4th mag's were loaded with 10 rounds each.

The last mag used was the Sigma mag & it holds 15 rounds so I loaded it to it's full capacity,but I guess I had 2 flyer's because I can't see it anywhere on the paper.

After I completed this target I put up a silhouette target & fired the remainder of my ammo rapid fire & I didn't keep it for pics because it really wasn't anything special.The rounds were all over the place,& I didn't think it would prove anything.

Overall I am happy with the S&W SD40 VE.
I think I'm gonna try to fire 500 rounds out of this pistol before I clean it just to see how it performs.It's probably gonna take me 2 more month's though,so be patient.
So if you're in the market for an inexpensive .40 pistol I definitely recommend this one.

Hope you liked the review,take care & safe shooting.Mick/NSS.