Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: My Walthers

(Franklin County)

Default My Walthers

I've recently purchased the 3 Walthers below let me know what you think.

Top to bottom,
    Walther P99 - 9mm
    Walther P22 - 22lr
    Walther G22 - 22lr with Laser

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: My Walthers

Great Collection!
    I have a P99 and P22 as well and love both!
    How do you like the G22?
    ~Wales

(Franklin County)

The G22 is an interesting gun. The action takes some getting used to being so close to your face and I don't recommend shooting without safety glasses. I have to experiment with the ammo, I've had a lot of FTE's. From things I read, the gun doesn't like the high velocity ammo, so I am going to try different kinds until I find some that will run through it. From what I can tell from shooting at cans in the woods, its really accurate. I adjusted the rear site one click and shot all day hitting what I was shooting at. I need to take it to an actual range to get some idea of how it groups, but so far I love it. I just got the sling for it and looking at a red dot scope. It was bought for a "fun gun" because I am not a professional shooter by any means and its just that... a fun gun. I would recommend it to anyone, just watch out for prices. If you shop around, you can get a good deal.

Cool pictures. I had a guy let me shoot his .22. I liked the grip.
    Jules

How that P22 shoot? I'm thinking of getting for plinking.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowXRacer View Post
    The G22 is an interesting gun. The action takes some getting used to being so close to your face and I don't recommend shooting without safety glasses. I have to experiment with the ammo, I've had a lot of FTE's. From things I read, the gun doesn't like the high velocity ammo, so I am going to try different kinds until I find some that will run through it. From what I can tell from shooting at cans in the woods, its really accurate. I adjusted the rear site one click and shot all day hitting what I was shooting at. I need to take it to an actual range to get some idea of how it groups, but so far I love it. I just got the sling for it and looking at a red dot scope. It was bought for a "fun gun" because I am not a professional shooter by any means and its just that... a fun gun. I would recommend it to anyone, just watch out for prices. If you shop around, you can get a good deal.
    My gun purchases are going to have to be put off for about a year or more, but I really want one of those, and I want to put a silencer on it. It would be a pretty bad ass gun I think.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Severe View Post
    How that P22 shoot? I'm thinking of getting for plinking.
    The P22 is a great shooting gun. It will take any ammo I feed it and I have yet to have a FTF or FTE. One problem I did have was the "walking safety" issue but its back at Smith and Wesson as we speak to get that repaired. I mainly bought it for my finacee to shoot but Ive found it to be a great gun to learn on and really accurate for what it is. Just to give you a heads up, check out http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...splay.php?f=48 This is a walther forum on RimfireCentral that can answer any P22 question you have. Check it over so that you don't have any surprises later on.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    My gun purchases are going to have to be put off for about a year or more, but I really want one of those, and I want to put a silencer on it. It would be a pretty bad ass gun I think.
    If you are serious about getting a G22 check out Shyda's in Lebanon, PA. Absolute best price I've found and its where I got mine. Good people to deal with too.

I just purchased a Walther G22. My primary reason for purchasing this gun over other 22 cal. rifles was the ability to set it up for LH shooting. I am right handed, but left eye dominant. The Walther G22 is similar to the Steyr Aug. The gunsmith at Shoot Straight is doing the conversion for me.

A lot of Florida gun shops advertise Walther Pistols and Rifles, but not many have inventory of the G22. Gander Mountain, Lake Mary, FL had the Camo version. Shoot Straight, Tampa, FL
    (http://www.shootstraightonline.com) had both versions in inventory.

I purchased the matte black finish. The G22 comes with 2 clips, and a very nice gun case. The Walther G22 is also light, and weighs in at 5 lbs, 9 oz. I purchased the G22 muzzle mount laser, and I am also adding a 3X9 scope. My complete Walter G22 will look like the picture at:
    http://www.shootingtimes.com/longgun...herg22_031506/.

My next acquisition will be the Walther P22 pistol. This will allow me to have common ammunition for both the pistol and rifle. The P22 has either the 3.4” or the 5" target barrel with muzzle weight. The P22 includes an assembly tool, muzzle nut wrench, three palmswell adapters, and three sight pins. and two ten-round magazines. Models can be purchased with both 3.4" and 5" barrels in a kit form, but they seem hard to come buy. You can also buy a 10-round magazine with a finger extension to add more length to the grip.

I have shot Target Class Air Rifles and Pistols since 2003. I have a Gamo Hunter 220 Sport with Scope, a Walther (Umarex) CP Sport, and a Walther Night Hawk (Umarex) pistol. Pellets and cylinders cost approximately $0.03 per shot. A reasonable target ammunition for the Walther G22 and P22 seems to be the CCI Stinger at $5.95 for 50 shells or $0.11 per shot. Both are much more economical than larger caliber pistol and rifle shells.

If you have a Walther G22 or P22 you can find accessories on line at: Walther America

http://www/waltheramerica.com

MidwayUSA

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Brow...657***11392***

or Earl's Repair Service

http://www.waltherusa.net/p99acc.htm
    Hope this information is helpful, and happy plinking!

Captnkc

(Chester County)

Nice pics, my G22 has the worst trigger ever but it is very accurate, even with irons, something about it is so fun.