Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fathers Day plans

Sunday is Fathers Day. Has anyone made plans?

I will be spending the day with my dad, he's 89, and my son. Not sure yet what we are doing but it may involve a boat and a couple of fishing poles.

Jack

Happy Fathers Day

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Fathers Day plans

Mine involves a grill, Beer, and a hot rod. What else could a dad ask for???

Ignorance is the condition of being uninformed or uneducated, lacking knowledge or information.

(Chester County)

I am hoping mine involves a shooting range and some type of thick cut dead cow. Live would be ok but I truly don't enjoy running down my dinner with a fork and knife.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Mine involves going alone to TGIF and getting free onion rings.

http://fridays.com/FathersDay2008CouponHome.htm

The coupon I got weeks before does not say "With the purchase of an entree." so that will be my meal.

Because Father's Day affords no real opportunity greater than any other day of the year (for example, days that provide holidays from work), I find it no more valuable than Cancer Awareness Month.

If you are into celebrating fathers and fatherhood, any day (or maybe any day you can make it) should be so nice.

(Delaware County)

Mine will be spent with the HULK!!!
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Montgomery County)

No plans on Sunday, but I'm going to the Phillies game on Tuesday with the old man.

I find it no more valuable than Cancer Awareness Month.
    Agreed. It's just a "Hallmark holiday".
    Last edited by 625; June 13th, 2008 at 02:46 PM.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

I get to go to work, while the wife and son spend all day by the pool.

Ya-fuckin-hoo!

(Chester County)

My kids will see to my every comfort and need as I recover from tonight's chemotherapy treatment. Not exactly every man's vision of the perfect father's day activity, but for me it is the ultimate demonstration of their love, and beats the hell out of another ugly tie.

I'm not trying to elicit a pity party, it just fills my heart with pride and joy when I see how ready, willing and able they are to put their active teenage lives aside for a few days as I shrink from the omnipotent family patriarch, protector and provider, to a weak, incapacitated couch potato. These kids have already had their mother stolen from them by cancer, and yet show nothing but stregth and courage as they get me through these quarterly treatments that have kept me cancer free for almost three years.

My best to all the dads out there, and to the women and children that have bestowed upon them that most honorable title.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    My kids will see to my every comfort and need as I recover from tonight's chemotherapy treatment. Not exactly every man's vision of the perfect father's day activity, but for me it is the ultimate demonstration of their love, <snip>

Sounds like they know and appreciate the important things in life. Of course they do, they were raised by a real 'str8shooter'. My best to you, and your children.

Jack

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    My kids will see to my every comfort and need as I recover from tonight's chemotherapy treatment. Not exactly every man's vision of the perfect father's day activity, but for me it is the ultimate demonstration of their love, and beats the hell out of another ugly tie.

I'm not trying to elicit a pity party, it just fills my heart with pride and joy when I see how ready, willing and able they are to put their active teenage lives aside for a few days as I shrink from the omnipotent family patriarch, protector and provider, to a weak, incapacitated couch potato. These kids have already had their mother stolen from them by cancer, and yet show nothing but stregth and courage as they get me through these quarterly treatments that have kept me cancer free for almost three years.

My best to all the dads out there, and to the women and children that have bestowed upon them that most honorable title.

Well I do sympathize with you!! I have a friend right now who is going through chemotherapy and I see how it tears him up. I will keep you in my thoughts. I am not a religious person, but I will do my best to say a prayer for you as I say one for my friend.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast