Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default ATI GI Enhanced 1911 .45acp

$319.99 new with a $30 manufacturer rebate brining it down to $289.99. Anyone own one or have any experience ? Seems like a great price for a Rock Island type 45 made in the Philippines?

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Northampton County)

Default Re: ATI GI Enhanced 1911 .45acp

I have put about 500 rounds through the ATI threaded barrel version a combat commander sized pistol . It shot perfect with zero malfunctions. I have not shot this model. It comes with Novak style sights for that price?
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I have put about 500 rounds through the ATI threaded barrel version a combat commander sized pistol . It shot perfect with zero malfunctions. I have not shot this model. It comes with Novak style sights for that price?
    Yes it does, as pictured. Hmmmmm.....
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Yes it does, as pictured. Hmmmmm.....
    My first Castor Troy project was with Two ATI commanders, though I painted them...not plated. They were the exact same guns, but the grips on one was a little lighter shaded than the other and one came with the leaf spring out of adjustment. Trigger pull on that one was crap and there was 0 tension on the GS. None the less, they both cleaned up fine and shot great. The major fitting areas were all there and the slide to frame on both was actually a tic too snug. At least there was some consistency there. I fixed that with some 3-M compound and about 100 cycles without the RS or GR in it. Those came with GI sights, but had the BT. With the Regent commander the way it is, I'd use those to do another duplicate set, but for the price you are quoting, it's a no brainer. You could fix that gun up nicely and still be under 5 bills.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    My first Castor Troy project was with Two ATI commanders, though I painted them...not plated. They were the exact same guns, but the grips on one was a little lighter shaded than the other and one came with the leaf spring out of adjustment. Trigger pull on that one was crap and there was 0 tension on the GS. None the less, they both cleaned up fine and shot great. The major fitting areas were all there and the slide to frame on both was actually a tic too snug. At least there was some consistency there. I fixed that with some 3-M compound and about 100 cycles without the RS or GR in it. Those came with GI sights, but had the BT. With the Regent commander the way it is, I'd use those to do another duplicate set, but for the price you are quoting, it's a no brainer. You could fix that gun up nicely and still be under 5 bills.
    I'm going back and forth. I have several 1911's, and I never carry one for personal protection, don't like them for that - but at that price?????
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I'm going back and forth. I have several 1911's, and I never carry one for personal protection, don't like them for that - but at that price?????
    Definitely. I paid $840 OTD for both of the ones I had. Then I see you post this price.

BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.