Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

(Delaware County)

Default DCFS Military rifle shoot

June 8th 9-12. $8

Military Rifle Bench Rest Match: 10 record shots from the bench rest position at a paper bullseye target using military service rifles. Classes will include Issued Sights rifles (rifles with original, as-issued sights), Any Open/Iron sight class (rifles utilizing non-issued sights) and AR-15 class (rifles built on the AR-15 platform). Issued Sight and Any Iron/Open sight classes will shoot at a TQ-4 (8” bullseye) target and AR-15 class shooters will shoot at an MR-31C (5” bullseye) target.
    Im going to suck but hoping to have some fun and meet some cool people. Never done any competition shooting of any sort before.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: DCFS Military rifle shoot

I just came here to post a reminder and I'm happy to see that someone else did my job for me.

A few clarifications:

There are no scoped or red-dot rifles being shot in this match. It's Iron/Open sights only.

If you are shooting an AR-15, you are shooting in the AR-15 class and may only use stock AR-15 sights (rear aperture, front post).

If you're shooting something other than an AR-15, it must be a military surplus rifle (e.g. M1 Garand, 1903, 1917, Krag-Jorgensen, SMLE, Mauser, Arisaka, Mosin Nagant, Carcano, Swiss K31, SKS, AK-47, etc.). If the rifle has its original military sights, you will shoot in the "as issued" class. If it has some other kind of sights (e.g. National Match rear sight for a Garand, "mojo" type or diopter sights for other rifles) you will shoot in the "any Iron/Open sight" class.

The match director, "Big Ed," has final say over whether your rifle may be used in the match and what class it will be shot in.

You do NOT need to be a DCFS member to shoot in the match.

Match fee is $8 per entry. Payouts will depend on the number of entries per class. We typically issue a payout for each three entries in a class. If 12 people show up to shoot the AR-15 class, we'll have 4 payouts for that class. If 11 show up, we'll have 3 payouts.

General NRA scoring rules apply. If your shot is within the 8 ring but is touching the line between the 8 and 9 ring, you will be awarded the higher score (a 9). In the case of a tie score, X's are the tiebreaker, then # of 10's, 9's, 8's etc.

This isn't Camp Perry, so don't be intimidated. Come out to have fun, BS with other shooters, etc. If you're not a club member, check out the facilities, and if you like them pick up an application and get your signatures.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or PM me.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: DCFS Military rifle shoot

i'm planning on heading up friday (6/6)around 9/930 to make some adjustments on my AR if anyone is up for some shooting.