Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Classic pistol vs DVSC

So the wife has finally agreed to let me buy a membership to a range again. I am thinking about either classic pistol or DVSC but do not know which one to choose. I was a member at dvsc and didn't thin it was that bad. I have never been to classic pistol but I know friends who shoot there and wouldn't think of switching. Does anyone have any preference between the two? I know that dvsc is not the best in terms of quality but there fees are cheaper and the guys running the range are nice. I have had some run ins with the idiots from Philly that came and acted all gangster but it was not all that often. Does this happen at classic pistol? Which would you guys recommend?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Classic pistol vs DVSC

Quote Originally Posted by 19dscoutsout View Post
    So the wife has finally agreed to let me buy a membership to a range again. I am thinking about either classic pistol or DVSC but do not know which one to choose. I was a member at dvsc and didn't thin it was that bad. I have never been to classic pistol but I know friends who shoot there and wouldn't think of switching. Does anyone have any preference between the two? I know that dvsc is not the best in terms of quality but there fees are cheaper and the guys running the range are nice. I have had some run ins with the idiots from Philly that came and acted all gangster but it was not all that often. Does this happen at classic pistol? Which would you guys recommend?
    They're both good ranges. I go to DVSC because it is closer to me. I haven't been to CP in over a year, but I thought DVSC had better lighting in their range (which is a big plus to me). If I join a range, it'll be DVSC, but really you can't go wrong with either.

(Bucks County)

You could always look at outdoor ranges as well...
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    You could always look at outdoor ranges as well...
    I was thinking about that but from what I've heard there are not really any good ones near me that do not have outrageous rules.

Classic pistol has a nice facility but the crowds were enough to turn me off, now way I'm waiting in line 30 min to an hour to get a lane. I was in there on a Sunday and it was insane. Might be better during the week.

(Bucks County)

I've been to both, was actually at CP yesterday and it was nice, clean with great inventory. The downfall is CP is super busy and very expensive. I had went with a few friends and CP was just more convenient for everyone.

If it were up to me, I'd go to DVSC every time. Super friendly staff, knowledgable, etc. I've seen the staff at DVSC take the time to help new shooters with out BS'ing them or forcing them into a sale. If you want an item and they don't have it, they'll order it.

This is an unbiased opinion, I have no connections to either range whatsoever.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

(Bucks County)

Cp is not expensive. They are very reasonable.

I will never set foot in dvsc again. They charged too much money for a dog day. It was like 20 plus ammo plus more to rent. Well hell, could have just shot and rented.

I had been a member at classic for two years. Great help. Good prices. The only thing is range time. They are busy because they are a great place. You need to plan your trips.

Tanners has the best deals around right now. But classic comes in at very close second. And they are not in the city so no outrageous prices.

Classic and tanners will always be my choices. I have spend a few grand at both.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    Cp is not expensive. They are very reasonable.
    I shoot at CP and it is nice but it is twice the price as the range I use down in Hallandale,FL. Which is strange to me because almost everything else is more expensive.
    But I agree with you, For the area it is not too expensive. I have not shot in DVSC in years but it was fine. I did not notice too high prices.
    To me both have pros and cons which tend to equalize both stores. Both have your dick/ahole employees. I have had problems with both ranges (maybe turn on the a/c) Both also had the best times shooting there. It depends on the day.

(Philadelphia County)

I prefer DVSC for a few reasons.

1. They don't stand over you and hawk you at the range unless you need help.
    2. DVSC has the most reasonable prices for range time, rentals and ammo.
    3. Classic Pistol charges you more PER HOUR than DVSC charges you for an entire day.

I currently shoot at The Gun Range because they are the only range in the area that allows 7.62x54r without charging an arm and a leg.
    Last edited by phillysteve; June 14th, 2014 at 07:50 AM.

(Bucks County)

I guess we also need to add that at Classic Pistol no one has been shot in the groin and robbed of their firearms, yet. DVSC not so much.
    Last edited by elweasel; June 14th, 2014 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typo, no coffee yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast