Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Classic pistol vs DVSC

Last time I stopped in a range in Florida they would only let you shoot their ammo which of course you had to buy. I walked.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by elweasel View Post
    I guess we also need to add that at Classic Pistol no one has been shot in the groin and robbed of their firearms, yet. DVSC not so much.
    To soon....lol

Philly Steve hit it on the head for all the reasons I shoot at DVSC.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
    I prefer DVSC for a few reasons.

1. They don't stand over you and hawk you at the range unless you need help.

I've never experienced that issue at Classic.

(Delaware County)

Give ( Ready Aim Fire) a try in Bristol. Nice range and nice guys run the place and they leave you alone unless your a knuckle head. Most times it's not crowded $185.00 a year and you can bring 1 guest for free. I shoot my Full Autos there and the membership is the same. C.P. $350.00 a year to shoot them there. I was a member there. Nice range but at that price no thanks.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
    I prefer DVSC for a few reasons.

1. They don't stand over you and hawk you at the range unless you need help.
    2. DVSC has the most reasonable prices for range time, rentals and ammo.
    3. Classic Pistol charges you more PER HOUR than DVSC charges you for an entire day.

I currently shoot at The Gun Range because they are the only range in the area that allows 7.62x54r without charging an arm and a leg.
    I'm not worried about numbers 2 and 3 because I will be purchasing a yearly membership to them

(Bucks County)

I have been shooting at Classic Pistol for about a year now.
    I've never had an issue with employees pushing sales, I've actually witnessed guys at the counter suggesting someone not rush into buying something.
    The lanes are some of the cleanest I've seen around, as the air filtration system seems to be pretty good.
    Also, I haven't found them to be much more expensive than most local shops and ranges in the area that I have visited. (That being said, I usually buy bulk ammo from Surplus City on Bustleton, they do have slightly better pistol prices too, although not as great of a selection as Classic).
    Also, Classic rarely sells ammo out-the-door, usually you buy what you can shoot if you need it, they try and reserve enough ammo to keep the range running, so if surplus ammo isn't readily available, they don't sell it that way.
    There are some "peak times" that I avoid there as it does get crowded at times there, but usually this is just on weekend afternoons, never really have had a wait there during the week. Also, the crowd seems to thin out a little during the summer months.

I've been a member of CP for several years now. They are my fave as they have 3 bays, 15 lanes, decent lighting, pistol and rifle options, keep up with upgrades to facility a bit more than most. Extensive selection in pistols, accessories, knowledgeable people, limited reloading supplies but, they keep on top of things. Tends to get crazy on weekends with "tourists", but true shooters tend to go during weekdays...plenty of room...no rush. I've spent hours there just tuning in sights at my leisure.

And...I've been to every indoor in the area. Just a couple:

Pistol people (Bensalem). Small, limited, restrictive..no long guns unless maybe .22

Ready Aim Fire: (Bristol) nice guys, decent place, limited selection...a little dark for my taste..lotsa info for reloaded and shot gunners.

DVSC (NE Philly). Small, a little dark, no backers on the line really, limited selection, although they are trying to fix that, some ammo most of the time. Nice helpful guys.

Clayton's (Willow Grove area). Nice range, fairly newer, knowledgeable people, good selection in everything, you can get ammo there, out the door, and for range use, use your own too. Lotsa accessories too. About 8 lanes or so...can't remember exactly.

These are just some close by to Bucks, NE Philly...been to more. There's a nice range in Delco, but last I was there they were very limited in selection, and wouldn't let one use their own ammo...BUT they host IDPA...so theres a trade off if you are into it.

Just a quick overview of my experiences. You want a place that keeps a close watch especially nowadays with so many newcomers to the scene. Keeps people safe which is paramount when dealing with firearms. JMHO
    Last edited by fotomaniac; July 20th, 2014 at 01:12 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I've never experienced that issue at Classic.
    Never had that issue either.

Quote Originally Posted by 19dscoutsout View Post
    I'm not worried about numbers 2 and 3 because I will be purchasing a yearly membership to them
    Most reasonable yearly membership price around and you get to bring your own ammo and even targets.
    although members get a half off on rentals, their rental price in general seem bit high yet I have absolutely no problem with it since it chases off most of "unwanted" visitors.
    $35 for FFL xfer(includes background check)for the member and long business hour is a big plus for those working long hours.
    Positive business attitude makes me feel bit guilty if I dont spend any extra $$ on my every visit. Go see it for yourself.

(Delaware County)

Agree with everything you said. Just don't shoot your full auto there that's when they bend you over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12