Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Bucks Co LEO with HK USP

So I keep seeing this LEO at a wawa near me at county line / rt 202. He is either Chalfont or New Britain. I can't help but notice his duty weapon is an HK USP. I don't think any of the other LEO with him carry a HK. Can't say I've ever seen any LEO with a HK. What's up with that?
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Bucks Co LEO with HK USP

The NJSP carried the H & K P7M8, but that was a long time ago and across the river.

(Mercer County)

I saw a Sharon cop with a USP a long time ago. Only one I've ever seen in the wild. Most of the local cops are wearing M&Ps or Glocks around here, and I imagine that holds true for most everywhere else.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Maybe they're allowed to carry a personal weapon on duty or he got an exception to do so.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Maybe they're allowed to carry a personal weapon on duty or he got an exception to do so.
    That's what I figured, but I would wonder why. The good thing about having the same sidearm is that fellow officers can use each other's magazines and such in event of a shoot out of course. Would think that it wouldn't be allowed often to carry a pistol none of your other Leo's carry. I saw him with it months ago too so I'm guessing it's his permanent sidearm
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

You could politely approach him and ask him

(Bucks County)

I know the PASP are evaluating duty weapons right now, maybe the locals are too?

One of the guys I shoot with in IDPA is a Trooper and he would shoot matches with his duty weapon.. Glock .40. Then they looked in the .45GAP. I just saw him a couple weeks ago and he was shooting an M&P in .45 and said that the SP is evaluating new duty carry.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I know the PASP are evaluating duty weapons right now, maybe the locals are too?

One of the guys I shoot with in IDPA is a Trooper and he would shoot matches with his duty weapon.. Glock .40. Then they looked in the .45GAP. I just saw him a couple weeks ago and he was shooting an M&P in .45 and said that the SP is evaluating new duty carry.
    I heard that PSP switched from their 45GAP Glocks to 45ACP Glocks.....but the new 45ACP Glocks were "jammomatics" and they were looking to replace them already. With what? No idea. I'd imagine they'll figure it out or go back to the 45GAPs.

(Bucks County)

My township LEO's used to carry HK USP45's in DAO. They've transitioned to the HK45 in the last couple of years.

HK gave them a package deal with Streamlight lights and Bianchi holsters. They accepted the USP45's in trade ins.

Not sure what the trigger variant is, probably LEM.

(Perry County)

Some local department, especially smaller ones, don't even provide the officer's sidearm. They buy and carry what they want. One of the local Newport officers carried a H&K as I recall. The other carried a 1911.

As for PSP, the Glock 21s are history. Next up is the Sig P227.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast