Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default My first time at SPAG

I went to SPAG thursday for the first time and it was awsome. Great prices, great service, and an awsome range. I took my ruger p944 and put 100 rounds through her, not a single jam or malfunction. Kept almost everything COM except for 2 little strays in the targets' arms . Met a nice guy there named Chris who was firing his AK and pistol. I let him empty a mag from my ruger and he in turn let me shoot his handgun. I could almost feel a kinship while we were talking guns. It was one of the greatest expierences of my young life. Do any of you feel a kind of brother/sisterhood when you are around others who loves guns and shooting as much as you ???
    If it's not an American Pit Bull Terrier, It's just a dog.

(Adams County)

Default Re: My first time at SPAG

Quote Originally Posted by RugerFan View Post
    I went to SPAG thursday for the first time and it was awsome. Great prices, great service, and an awsome range. I took my ruger p944 and put 100 rounds through her, not a single jam or malfunction. Kept almost everything COM except for 2 little strays in the targets' arms . Met a nice guy there named Chris who was firing his AK and pistol. I let him empty a mag from my ruger and he in turn let me shoot his handgun. I could almost feel a kinship while we were talking guns. It was one of the greatest expierences of my young life. Do any of you feel a kind of brother/sisterhood when you are around others who loves guns and shooting as much as you ???
    OK, folks, it's official. He's hooked! Bruddah, that's what it's all about! Find an OC event near you and attend. You don't even have to take a gun, just go and eat a stale club sandwich and enjoy being with like minded people. Welcome to the fraternity.

Keith
    PAFOA PROUD!
    USMV M/C

(Chester County)

I know what you mean Ruger. I'm 22, a few weeks ago I was at the range and met a Marine who enlisted in '66 and went to 'Nam. We ended up talking for a while about guns, war, politics, you name it. It was great. He was telling me about shooting M-14s and being issued the newer M-16A1s, going on patrols, really interesting stuff. Especially for me because I plan on joining the service within the next two years. I don't remember his name, but he was a really cool guy. Let me tell you, he didn't loose any of his legendary Marine Corps accuracy- he was shooting an M1A using iron sights; I saw his target at 100yrds... the bullseye was all but shot out.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

M91/30 ~ Stag 15 Model 2

(Philadelphia County)

I'm definatly hooked . So I think I'll be going every other week, which is payday lol. The comradery is something that I've never felt before and It makes me proud to own a firearm.

(Northampton County)

What is SPAG?

(Philadelphia County)

It's the South Philadelphia Archery and Gun Club

It's the South Philadelphia Archery and Gun Club
    Just don't let them tell you that they know how to do any gunsmithing. Their range is nice, but everything else is simply convenient if that's approximately where you happen to be living.

(Philadelphia County)

I let him empty a mag from my ruger and he in turn let me shoot his handgun.
    So . . . now your prints are all over his gun. How well do you know this guy?

Guns are like toothbrushes. Everyone should have one and use their own.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia View Post
    So . . . now your prints are all over his gun. How well do you know this guy?

Guns are like toothbrushes. Everyone should have one and use their own.
    I sort of see your point but I have certainly "shared" at group shoots and even once or twice at the range.

Should a cigarette smoker always bring all of his cig butts home and shed them for fear that some criminal will plant one at a crime site to frame him? In the same vain the Starbucks customer should never leave her used cup behind. That DNA and the fingerprints can get you in a lot of trouble you know.

I am really just teasing but I thing that I will accept the risk of once in a while shooting someone else's firearm at the range or letting someone shot a mag full.

(Delaware County)

I had planned on throwing a few downrange tomorrow (6-15-08) around noon or so, but I just looked at their calendar and the range is closed. I was going every Sunday but never had much interest from anyone else, so now I go once in a while. Maybe next Sunday.

By the way, the name of the range is ...

www.philadelphiaarcheryandgunclub.com

Philadelphia Archery & Gun Club
    831-833 Ellsworth St
    Philadelphia, PA 19147
    (215) 551-4544
    .... it's in South Philly, that's where the S comes from and is affectionately known as SPAG by a few here on PAFOA.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast