Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: mjm0000

Default mjm0000

Was supposed to meet mjm0000 for an NEF 12ga single shot. Agreed on pricing. Had my stepson excited cause I was buying it for him (mjm0000 also knew this). Just sent him a message this morning to meet. Then he replies that he's selling it to someone else because "it was a hot item on here and Armslist". I just replied and asked if it sold and he responded "yes". Not the best way to conduct business. Especially after knowing it was a gift for my stepson and him knowing I was buying it for him. Way to get his hopes up. I personally will NOT buy from him. Buyer beware.

(Chester County)

Default Re: mjm0000

Jonathan...no hard feelings but if you're going to post this, I think it's only fair to share the full story. When I did not hear back from you, I agreed to sell it to another buyer. You can see our entire conversation below.

----------------------------------------------------

What length barrel? Mod or Full choke?

I live in Gap (17527) and have PA ID and PA LTCF.

Thanks.
    Jonathan M[/QUOTE]

Hi Jonathan

It has a 3" chamber and mod choke. Pretty sure it's a 28" barrel but will need to double check when I get home tonight. I'm familiar with Gap as I'm a member at new holland rifle and pistol club and make it out there once a month or so.

-Mike[/QUOTE]

Hey Mike,

Awesome. The barrel is technically 27.5" but NEF calls it 28". Not sure why they did that.

I'm on the far side of Gap compared to NHRPC. I'm down near Rt 30 & Rt 41 about 3 blocks away from The Village Arms. But, I can meet you up that way one day if you want.

Are you firm on your price or would you do $100? I'm trying to get my step-son (10 yrs old) into shooting. And, these single shots are great first guns.

Thanks.
    Jonathan[/QUOTE]

Great! I'm not opposed to coming down to $100 if you'd be willing to meet out my way one day this week. If not, I had a few other inquiries today so I'll probably wait a day or so to see if they pan out first.[/QUOTE]

I can meet you one day this week out your way. Just give me an address to meet and a time that works.[/QUOTE]

Great! $100 it is then. I'm going to be at northern chester county sportsman club (near french creek) tomorrow morning at 9am to zero a scope before going to work. If you're able to meet there I could sign you in as a guest and you can shoot it first if you wanted to. On Wednesday I'm working from home and schedule is pretty flexible up until about 5pm. If neither day or time works for you, let me know what does.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Tomorrow is a no-go cause both my kids have Jump Rope For Hearts at school and I gotta be there. Wednesday, I'm not sure yet. Let me double check and see if I have anything going on. I will let you know ASAP. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Ok[/QUOTE]

Hey man. Sorry for the delay. Yesterday was hectic. Would you be free tomorrow (Thursday 2/16) around 5pm if I came out your way? My kids get off the bus around 4:10pm. I'd head up that way right after.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jonathan,

This shotgun turned out to be a hot item on here and armslist and I'm supposed to be meeting up with someone today at 1:00 to sell it. If it doesnt work out with him, I wont respond to anyone else and will let you know.[/QUOTE]

Did it sell?[/QUOTE]

It did. Sorry this didn't work out.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess our agreement didn't mean anything then? We both agreed on $100 and there was no mention of others being first before me. I told my stepson I found him a shotgun and was trying to figure out a day to meet you so he could come with me to pick it up. I guess I'll look elsewhere now... Thanks for nothing.[/QUOTE]

I am truly sorry this didn't work out especially since it was for your stepson. I had a dozen people email with interest and have had buyers no show twice in the past so I agreed to meet with this guy when I did not hear back from you last night. These guns come up for sale pretty regularly and I've also seen them used at the gun shows. I wish you the best of luck finding another.[/QUOTE]

See below in bold red. And, I let you know ASAP. You never PMed me requesting an answer sooner or stating you had other buyers interested. So I assumed we were still on for the sale. But, apparently, that was not the case. If you had someone else interested and offering more, then YOU need to message the buyer who YOU have already AGREED on a price and sale with to let them know. That's what I have an issue with. And I'm sure another buyer would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mjm0000 View Post
    Jonathan...no hard feelings but if you're going to post this, I think it's only fair to share the full story. When I did not hear back from you, I agreed to sell it to another buyer. You can see our entire conversation below.

----------------------------------------------------

What length barrel? Mod or Full choke?

I live in Gap (17527) and have PA ID and PA LTCF.

Thanks.
    Jonathan M
    Hi Jonathan

It has a 3" chamber and mod choke. Pretty sure it's a 28" barrel but will need to double check when I get home tonight. I'm familiar with Gap as I'm a member at new holland rifle and pistol club and make it out there once a month or so.

-Mike[/QUOTE]

Hey Mike,

Awesome. The barrel is technically 27.5" but NEF calls it 28". Not sure why they did that.

I'm on the far side of Gap compared to NHRPC. I'm down near Rt 30 & Rt 41 about 3 blocks away from The Village Arms. But, I can meet you up that way one day if you want.

Are you firm on your price or would you do $100? I'm trying to get my step-son (10 yrs old) into shooting. And, these single shots are great first guns.

Thanks.
    Jonathan[/QUOTE]

Great! I'm not opposed to coming down to $100 if you'd be willing to meet out my way one day this week. If not, I had a few other inquiries today so I'll probably wait a day or so to see if they pan out first.[/QUOTE]

I can meet you one day this week out your way. Just give me an address to meet and a time that works.[/QUOTE]

Great! $100 it is then. I'm going to be at northern chester county sportsman club (near french creek) tomorrow morning at 9am to zero a scope before going to work. If you're able to meet there I could sign you in as a guest and you can shoot it first if you wanted to. On Wednesday I'm working from home and schedule is pretty flexible up until about 5pm. If neither day or time works for you, let me know what does.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Tomorrow is a no-go cause both my kids have Jump Rope For Hearts at school and I gotta be there. Wednesday, I'm not sure yet. Let me double check and see if I have anything going on. I will let you know ASAP. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Ok[/QUOTE]

Hey man. Sorry for the delay. Yesterday was hectic. Would you be free tomorrow (Thursday 2/16) around 5pm if I came out your way? My kids get off the bus around 4:10pm. I'd head up that way right after.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jonathan,

This shotgun turned out to be a hot item on here and armslist and I'm supposed to be meeting up with someone today at 1:00 to sell it. If it doesnt work out with him, I wont respond to anyone else and will let you know.[/QUOTE]

Did it sell?[/QUOTE]

It did. Sorry this didn't work out.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess our agreement didn't mean anything then? We both agreed on $100 and there was no mention of others being first before me. I told my stepson I found him a shotgun and was trying to figure out a day to meet you so he could come with me to pick it up. I guess I'll look elsewhere now... Thanks for nothing.[/QUOTE]

I am truly sorry this didn't work out especially since it was for your stepson. I had a dozen people email with interest and have had buyers no show twice in the past so I agreed to meet with this guy when I did not hear back from you last night. These guns come up for sale pretty regularly and I've also seen them used at the gun shows. I wish you the best of luck finding another.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

(Chester County)

I totally agree. I should have PMd you instead of assuming you were no longer interested after not hearing back from you. Nothing more I can say here other than I wish you the best and hope you have a nice weekend.