Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Buying 2 guns? You're probably a straw-purchaser

According to The Brady Campaign and the filers of this suit against Gander Mountain, it is a warning sign that you are a straw-purchaser if you buy multiple guns at once or save up your money and pay with cash instead of credit.... Warship at the alter of the mighty Visa!!!

Dawn Nguyen was sentenced to 16 months in prison Monday after pleading guilty last month to falsifying firearms forms in June 2010 at a Gander Mountain store Rochester, New York. There she was accompanied by William Spengler, who wasn’t allowed by purchase a gun because he had previously been convicted of killing his 92-year-old grandmother with a hammer.

Nguyen paid $1,425 for two firearms, a semi-automatic rifle and a shotgun that Spengler eventually would use.

Gander Mountain at the center of gun lawsuit
    A wall of semi-automatic rifles is seen at the National Rifle Association (NRA) Annual Meetings and Exhibits April 14, 2012 in St. Louis, Missouri. AFP PHOTO / Karen BLEIER KAREN BLEIER/AFP/Getty Images
    On Christmas Eve 2012, Spengler, 61, shot and killed his sister before he torched the home they lived in. When West Webster, New York firefighters responded, Spengler began shooting, killing two firefighters, Tomasz Kaczowka and Michael Chiapperini, and wounding two others, Ted Scardino and Joseph Hofstetter.

A day after Nguyen, now 24, was sentenced, the firefighters and surviving family members are alleging in a lawsuit filed in New York state court that the Minnesota-based Gander Mountain, the nation’s largest outdoors and sportsman store, should have known the buyer was a straw purchaser, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.

The litigation could be far reaching given the size of the retailer, which has drawn the backing of gun control advocates. The families are being represented by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, a pro-gun control group.

In a joint statement, the plaintiffs said they first believed this was “yet another random act of violence.”

“But as time went by, new and very troubling facts emerged,” the plaintiffs statement continued. “These facts suggest that the loss we have endured could have been avoided. If only the store had acted responsibly.”

The statement went on to assert the families respect the Second Amendment, and asserted some families are gun owners.

“But, we also believe that companies who make it their business to sell guns must do so in a responsible and lawful manner,” the statement continued. “And when sellers fall short in their responsibility, they should be held accountable.”

A spokesman for Gander Mountain told the Star-Tribune the company had been forthcoming in the investigation and is committed to safety.

“We will vigorously defend ourselves in this matter,” spokesman Jess Myers said.

The suit claims the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) warned gun dealers that indicators of a straw purchase include multiple firearms being bought at once or more than one person entering the store together and paying with cash, which plaintiffs claim the store’s staff should have known.

Read more and follow this story at The Blaze
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)

Default Re: Buying 2 guns? You're probably a straw-purchaser

What if I pay in unserialized silver bullion?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    What if I pay in unserialized silver bullion?
    Terrorist!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkaterDan View Post
    Terrorist!!
    Domestic Terrorist! Don't get it twisted!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

This is why when I go to Walmart, I never buy Condoms or packages of underwear.. If you buy either of these articles in multiples you are flagged as a serial rapist...

I wonder what I was tagged as when i went to the store and bought between $1,000 and $2,000 of bullets to bring to the gun range for group shoot skeet because I got better prices where I went then local stores sold at..
    Last edited by Frenchy; May 22nd, 2014 at 08:13 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    This is why when I go to |Walmart, I never buy Condos or packages of underwear.. If you buy either of these articles in multiples you are flagged as a serial rapist...

I wonder what I was tagged as when i went to the store and bought between $1,000 and $2,000 of bullets to bring to the gun range for group shoot skeet because I got better prices where I went then local stores sold at..
    Don't you buy CONDOS to take our victims to? sorry couldn't help myself.

(Philadelphia County)

Around 10 years ago, I bought both a new Beretta 92FS for myself and a S&W 637 Airweight for my wife and paid cash.

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    Around 10 years ago, I bought both a new Beretta 92FS for myself and a S&W 637 Airweight for my wife and paid cash.
    I'm reporting you!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(York County)

So let me get this straight. The bullshit "justice" system let a guy out of jail who killed his mother with a hammer. Someone else bought guns for him at a store and now its the stores fault? Just trying to get my facts straight. The real question is why the fuck was this psycho let out of jail after a brutal murder in the first place. The guns or the store obviously aren't the problem here. The real problem is that the liberal judges believe someone that's capable of beating someone to death with a hammer not in a self defense or protective situation should be allowed to walk the streets again. Common sense is GONE and people are operating on the emotional level of a 5yr old.

(Susquehanna County)

Dawn Nguyen was sentenced to 16 months in prison
    What! In what freaking court State or Federal? And if not Federal why not? This bitch was a straw purchaser for a convicted felon murderer (he killed his grandmother by beating her with a hammer!). Who then used the guns to ambush and murder volunteer firemen responding to a house fire he set! This bitch should have a lot more than the usual 5 year sentence for straw-purchase, she should have been tagged for felony murder or accessory to murder at the very least!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast