Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Do I need a P64 if I already have a CZ82?

So I got an email from AIM yesterday that they have P64's in. I don't know too much about them but when I see something that looks like a decent deal my C&R starts burning a hole in my pocket. I searched here for previous posts on them and didn't find much but what I did find seemed positive except maybe for the mention that the DA trigger is very stiff. Anyone have any comments or experience with them? If I already have a CZ82 do I really need a P64? I've only shot the CZ82 once but I love the way it fits my hand BTW. While it's a mid-size gun and I have no problem with a full size it feels like it was molded for my hand. The P64 I believe is smaller than the CZ82?

Default Re: Do I need a P64 if I already have a CZ82?

Yes, you must have one. You CAN get it. You will be sorry if you do not. Buy it today. See, that was easy.

(Cumberland County)

It's never about need, always about want. If you want it, get it The only reason I have not jumped on one is because I have a PPK and they are so close. BTW, love my CZ82 too
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Chester County)

They are very different guns. The heavy trigger pull can be fixed with some Wolff springs. The CZ-82 is much nice, but larger. If you are looking for an inexpensive smaller gun for carry, then this is a good choice. They aren't the most pleasant guns to shoot, but not too bad.

I have 2 of them, Think PPK if you ever handled one of those. They kick like mules and yes, That DA is bad as bad gets, Wolff Springs do make it a bit nicer.

If you want it to just shoot it, I'd say stick with the CZ82 (Much Nicer all the way around) - But if you want a piece of History, Plus something to shoot, then by all means get one. It's kind of a poor man's James Bond gun.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Adams County)

they are good pistols to carry some place like philly where it mite get taken and you don't get it back.

(Montgomery County)

Have two plus two CZ82s. Different guns but once you have changed the hammer spring (18 lb Wolff) they work nicely, though the SA is very light. There is a 64 forum that has a lot of very useful information. Dave_n

(Bucks County)

You will eventually need a P64 but first you need to get a Makarov ASAP. They pair nicely with the CZ-82's and everyone needs at least one.

After the pressure is off them by all means look at all of the other commie block 9x18's. The prices went up a lot in the last few years but they are still bargains.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I got the email too. I'll be downbeat and say that I'm not ready to invest in another caliber. With that in mind, a CZ-52 would interest me...
    ...and they have a plan...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I got the email too. I'll be downbeat and say that I'm not ready to invest in another caliber. With that in mind, a CZ-52 would interest me...
    I have a CZ-52 also. Totally different beast from the Mak / other 9x18'S.

The 9x18's are simple blow back guns. The Cz-52 needs a roller blocked delayed action for the hot 7.62x25. Its a full sized pistol and a speed demon/fire thrower. Recoil is nil but you get a nice orange ball out of the front and a sharp crack. The bullet smokes out and look at the specs. Its almost in Mag bullet range. Not IMO a pistol that is good for carry.

Note: I generally prefer heavy for caliber large diameter bullets. Still the 7.62X25 is a lot of fun. Not that it matters to me but it will slip right thru most "bullet proof" vests.

When surplus "hot" 7.62x25's were under 10 cents shipped it was a no brainer. Even now it is worth a close look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast