Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hope everyone is voting on May 20, 2014 – FOAC Pro-Gun voters guide

PA Gunner is correct. Killion is as anti-gun as they come. As Gunner noted, Killion supports one per month, lost/stolen, etc.

I emailed FOAC about this numerous times. They refuse to listen. As long as his name is on the guide, I won't even look at it. I'll just save it for when my lady friend forgets to buy TP.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    As Gunner noted, Killion supports one per month, lost/stolen, etc.

not my race but just curious.. guessing the loast/stolen means he supports a law saying that you need to report or lost firearm? Why would that be a problem? And why wouldn't you report it anyway? besides, i thought that was already the law here but i guess it is not.

(Berks County)

I'm on it!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 90volts View Post
    not my race but just curious.. guessing the loast/stolen means he supports a law saying that you need to report or lost firearm? Why would that be a problem? And why wouldn't you report it anyway? besides, i thought that was already the law here but i guess it is not.
    Let's say someone sneaks into your house and makes off with one of your guns that you neither shoot nor handle regularly - like from a second safe in the garage, for example. Let's say that criminal transfers that gun the next
    night to some urban youth (legally, of course ) who then uses it for nefarious purposes. The gun turns up during the investigation a day later, comes back as 'registered' to you, and you are held liable for providing the gun - or even liable for the crime - because you didn't report the gun stolen within 24 hours. Would you find that to be a problem? I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Let's say someone sneaks into your house and makes off with one of your guns that you neither shoot nor handle regularly - like from a second safe in the garage, for example. Let's say that criminal transfers that gun the next
    night to some urban youth (legally, of course ) who then uses it for nefarious purposes. The gun turns up during the investigation a day later, comes back as 'registered' to you, and you are held liable for providing the gun - or even liable for the crime - because you didn't report the gun stolen within 24 hours. Would you find that to be a problem? I would.
    beyond that it would actually penalize (turn you into a criminal) for failing to report. Ask women if they would support penalizing failure to report a rape....

(Delaware County)

Sorry, guess my post wasn't clear. My question would be why would it be a problem to have a law that says you need to report a lost or stolen firearm. I thought that was just common sense since I wouldn't want to be liable for whatever it may be used for.

The post I had referenced seemed to be saying that the candidate was anti gun because they supported a law that would mandate reporting the firearm lost or stolen (among other issues he had with the candidate).

(Lancaster County)

Sorry, guess my post wasn't clear. My question would be why would it be a problem to have a law that says you need to report a lost or stolen firearm. I thought that was just common sense since I wouldn't want to be liable for whatever it may be used for.

The post I had referenced seemed to be saying that the candidate was anti gun because they supported a law that would mandate reporting the firearm lost or stolen (among other issues he had with the candidate).
    What happens if the gun is used in a crime and recovered by the police before you know it's gone? Why should a victim be penalized by the state for doing nothing wrong? We have enough laws now that don't get enforced.

(Delaware County)

Because there is a responsibility that goes along with the right?

(Lancaster County)

Because there is a responsibility that goes along with the right?
    Every time there is a mandate to do something you are losing another little chunk of that "right". We shouldn't penalize victims. Lost and stolen is just one step closer to complete registration...

(Lancaster County)

Back on track all, get out and vote tomorrow this is extremely important.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast