Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Complaint Letter to Police Chief

Georgia Carry dot Com doesn't mince words. They have their organization's president write directly to the police chief with a complaint, and then publishes what they sent.

http://www.georgiacarry.com/county/g...%206-10-08.pdf

Now, if that isn't putting the police on notice, I don't know what is.

Perhaps PAFOA might consider doing likewise?

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Complaint Letter to Police Chief

Great letter. Where all do they send it (publish it)? I do like the idea of an ORGANIZATION standing behind the letter. Very well done.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Indiana County)

Where all do they send it (publish it)?
    They send the letter to the police chief. They publish the letter on their website.

(Jefferson County)

If I have the free time and DanP's blessings - I'll help write "nasty-grams" in the event of rights and legal violations by LEO and/or elected officials.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Please tell me why these organizations are taking on the government without attorney's?

Although a decent letter, IMHO, an attorney should have written and sent it.

The government is experienced in legal matters like this, we are not. Although some may understand the law, properly executing debate against them we just aren't that experienced.

It's like this; If any one of us goes into a boxing ring with a heavy-weight champion, we are going to lose.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjl127 View Post
    Please tell me why these organizations are taking on the government without attorney's?

The government is experienced in legal matters like this, we are not. Although some may understand the law, properly executing debate against them we just aren't that experienced.

It's like this; If any one of us goes into a boxing ring with a heavy-weight champion, we are going to lose.
    With all due respect, I disagree.

While it may be wiser to use an attorney for some things - we still have the right to complain, petition, charge, prosecute, represent and appeal any rights or legal violations ourselves.

Attorneys do not need to be dragged into every aspect of life. Sure, in some cases it'd be better. ...and I'm sure they will say you should even have an attorney present when you wipe your ass in a public restroom because they would want the money to represent or be held on retainer. But the little man is quite capable of taking on a heavy-weight.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cambria County)

If every group in the world sat back and did nothing till they could afford an attorney. I don't think very many of them would exist. Maybe none of us should address any of the problems we have seen addressed here. Wal-Mart, Voting Polls, Country Buffet, License Revocation and refusals. Since we don't have a lawyer on retainer to defend us. (Sarcastic I know, sorry about that) I have written many letters showing my disapproval of how things were handled and my support of these individuals involved. Should I stop doing that?

All they are doing is presenting the facts. No threats. Just asking to be treated the way the law says they are suppose to be treated. They aren't making any demands. They are asking to be treated the way the law says they are suppose to be treated.

I think a letter from PAFOA.org is much more of an attention getter then a letter from JOE BLOW The Rag Man. It shows that there is more than one person that believes what is in the letter, and they are standing behind it. I like the idea and would support it.
    Last edited by Mtbkski; June 11th, 2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: speliling and a bit more
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    With all due respect, I disagree.

While it may be wiser to use an attorney for some things - we still have the right to complain, petition, charge, prosecute, represent and appeal any rights or legal violations ourselves.

Attorneys do not need to be dragged into every aspect of life. Sure, in some cases it'd be better. ...and I'm sure they will say you should even have an attorney present when you wipe your ass in a public restroom because they would want the money to represent or be held on retainer. But the little man is quite capable of taking on a heavy-weight.
    Great reply.

Knight. PM inbound

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Berks County)

I hate to say it, but maybe, just maybe, part of the problem with the law in this country is because we have too many lawyers who've wormed their way into every aspect of our lives. From the cosrt of medical (cost of insurance) to the consistently morphing law of the land to the degradation of our Constitution, a great deal of the fault lies at the feet of lawyers and the people who think they're necessary to function.

Great letter! I look forward to hearing the response!
    Last edited by crlovel; June 11th, 2008 at 08:57 AM.

(Northampton County)

Look at it this way:
    If it was the NRA that sent a letter like this it would be looked at with respect and authority. But why? Because the NRA has over 4 million members standing behind them. Yes they have attorneys but the more important fact is the members.
    Now if a letter was sent from PAFOA.org it most likely would not instill the fear of big money behind it but would show that there are people who , at a minimum, would have an understanding of their rights and are demanding they be respected. That there are groups that do not need legal representation to exercise their American rights.
    *This is just my opinion*
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast