Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Hi-Point beat the Colt 1911

An accuracy test was performed to test the accuracy of a Hi-point pistol versus the Colt 1911. Both weapons tested were .45 and the same ammo was used during the testing. They were both put on the same machine made by ransom international corporation. At 25 yards the Colt 1911 shot a 2.1" grouping with 50 shots. At the same distance the HI-Point .45 shot a 1.9" grouping out of 50 shots. This proved the Hi-Point is more accurate, lighter trigger, and just as reliable as the Colt 1911. You can have a golden screwdriver but at the end of the day it's still a screwdriver.

Default Re: Hi-Point beat the Colt 1911

I am not Surprised. Colt pffttt!!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Too many variables.

However, I don't doubt the reliability claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    An accuracy test was performed to test the accuracy of a Hi-point pistol versus the Colt 1911. Both weapons tested were .45 and the same ammo was used during the testing. They were both put on the same machine made by ransom international corporation. At 25 yards the Colt 1911 shot a 2.1" grouping with 50 shots. At the same distance the HI-Point .45 shot a 1.9" grouping out of 50 shots. This proved the Hi-Point is more accurate, lighter trigger, and just as reliable as the Colt 1911. You can have a golden screwdriver but at the end of the day it's still a screwdriver.
    Lighter trigger? Clearly the OP has never shot a Hi-Point. I've shot a couple different models in different calibers. Both were surprisingly accurate, but they had horrendous triggers.

Where is the link to this test, or are you just trolling again.

Edit: Well, I stand corrected. Just did some searching around the interwebs, and apparently Hi-Point now has a decent trigger, at least in their .45. Sure didn't used to be that way. Lots of links to people discussing terrible triggers on these guns, usually between 8.5 and 11 pounds. Still wouldn't want one, but if it's all I could afford....
    Last edited by 625; May 15th, 2014 at 09:59 AM.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    You can have a golden screwdriver but at the end of the day it's still a screwdriver.
    Yeah, but we're not on the screwdriver boards, we're on the gun nut boards, so I'll take the pretty one.

Hi-Points are kinda interesting though, being so cheap & US made. Might get one to CC if they weren't so stinking heavy.

(Bucks County)

Here we go again.
    There is simply no reasoning with the Defenders of the Cheap.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Perry County)

OP It's bad to obsess over anything. You obviously have a Hi-Point obsession. Might I suggest you simply buy them, shoot them and enjoy them instead of trying to convince everyone that Hi-Points are the best. By many accounts, Ravens were a reliable, inexpensive pistol. Just like Hi-Points, I have no use for one because aesthetics, quality of materials and workmanship are as important to me as function.

I don't doubt the validity of the claim, I just don't care. The accuracy difference is miniscule and could easily swap given no more than different ammo or different examples of the same pistols. When Hi-Point learns to make guns that appeal to more than just the bargain shopper, I'll have another look.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Adams County)

Fifty (50) shots isn't much to prove reliability. Repeat that test 100 more times and let me know how they compare on the last 50 shots.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    OP It's bad to obsess over anything. You obviously have a Hi-Point obsession. Might I suggest you simply buy them, shoot them and enjoy them instead of trying to convince everyone that Hi-Points are the best. By many accounts, Ravens were a reliable, inexpensive pistol. Just like Hi-Points, I have no use for one because aesthetics, quality of materials and workmanship are as important to me as function.

I don't doubt the validity of the claim, I just don't care. The accuracy difference is miniscule and could easily swap given no more than different ammo or different examples of the same pistols. When Hi-Point learns to make guns that appeal to more than just the bargain shopper, I'll have another look.
    Hi point vs a 1911 vs a Glock debate.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast