Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Utah

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    im sure its no surprise Kane is anti gun and that Tom will most likely not be voted back in as governor, and that the courts arent really 2a friendly

and for any of us that thinks the PA constitution will protect us, well i remind you to take a look at NY and CT, both states that have state constitution "protecting the right to bear arms" and we see how well that's working for them
    All gun laws passed in PA have been positive and the PA legislature is overwhelmingly pro gun. And, other than that one McKown ruling, most court rulings regarding guns in PA have been pro gun so you are incorrect there, and specifically because of our Constitution.

Ed Rendel was the last governor and he was as anti gun as they get. Nothing bad happened, only good. The legislature is increasingly pro gun.

You are not making any sense.

Kane has nothing to do with any of that.

That is not to say that we should become complacent. Quite the opposite. There is plenty of room to achieve more legislative relief for gun owners in PA and we will do just that.

(Bucks County)

im sure its no surprise Kane is anti gun and that Tom will most likely not be voted back in as governor, and that the courts arent really 2a friendly

and for any of us that thinks the PA constitution will protect us, well i remind you to take a look at NY and CT, both states that have state constitution "protecting the right to bear arms" and we see how well that's working for them
    NY does not have it in their Constitution---from NY gun forum site:

NYS Constitution has no RKBA provision . It is actually in the NYS Civil Rights laws.

from SAF.org

New York: Nothing specific, however Article XII, Section 1 of the Constitution covers both the "organized" and "unorganized" militia and reads:
    The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
    Article 2, Section 4 of the New York Civil Rights Law also reads almost identical to the Second Amendment:
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.
    http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/law...ment-guns.html
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_j View Post
    Yea but you can still CCW in NY with your 7 round magazine!
    only in some counties and never in NYC
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PA no longer recognizing Utah Non-Res permits?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I have a Utah permit.

I just spoke with a nice young lady names Lauren at the Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigation - she told me that Pennsylvania sent them a formal, written notification that they are dropping reciprocity with Utah.

I also received a phone number for her supervisor. Maybe I can get a copy of the paperwork.

Doesn't this go directly against Kane's job regarding reciprocity? I thought she had the duty to ENTER only?

I really, REALLY dislike this witch! What can we do? Nothing?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________________
    18 Pa.C.S. §6109: Licenses
    (k) Reciprocity.–
    (1) The Attorney General shall have the power and duty to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states providing for the mutual recognition of a license to carry a firearm issued by the Commonwealth and a license or permit to carry a firearm issued by the other state. To carry out this duty, the Attorney General is authorized to negotiate reciprocity agreements and grant recognition of a license or permit to carry a firearm issued by another state.

(m) Inquiries.–
    (1) The Attorney General shall, not later than one year after the effective date of this subsection and not less than once annually, contact in writing the appropriate authorities in any other state which does not have a current reciprocity agreement with the Commonwealth to determine if:
    (i) the state will negotiate a reciprocity agreement;

(ii) a licensee may carry a concealed firearm in the state; or

(iii) a licensee may apply for a license or permit to carry a firearm issued by the state.
    Last edited by mikelets456; May 12th, 2014 at 10:59 AM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_j View Post
    I will only support national reciprocity that helps me as a NJ resident carry (out of state). HR2959 does that. If it takes away my non-resident permits and leaves me without an option to carry while every other state's resident can, then it's no go for me.

National shall-issue would be a nice bill to pass as well.
    It isn't within the federal government's constitutional authority to issues licenses.

What the feds can do is force states to honor constitutionally protected rights. ...they can force states to shall issue on the pretense of the 14th Amendment, or force allowing some form of unlicensed carry under the 2nd Amendment. Or they can force states to honor licenses from other states under Article 4 Section 1 & 2 or Amendment 14 Section 1.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    NY does not have it in their Constitution---from NY gun forum site:

NYS Constitution has no RKBA provision . It is actually in the NYS Civil Rights laws.

from SAF.org

New York: Nothing specific, however Article XII, Section 1 of the Constitution covers both the "organized" and "unorganized" militia and reads:
    The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.
    Article 2, Section 4 of the New York Civil Rights Law also reads almost identical to the Second Amendment:
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed.
    http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/law...ment-guns.html
    my mistake
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Bucks County)

my mistake
    No problem.

However, I'm really concerned NOW how this witch is simply doing what she pleases...she's going against her job description, the law and oath

I hope it is found she acted outside her authority and Utah will again be recognized.

But after losing my right to carry in your state on my FLA non-resident permit, I don't hold much hope Utah will be restored.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by eruby View Post
    I hope it is found she acted outside her authority and Utah will again be recognized.

But after losing my right to carry in your state on my FLA non-resident permit, I don't hold much hope Utah will be restored.
    Yes, but who is going to "find" this? She's doing what she wants because everyone is letting her.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Bucks County)

Non-resident LTCF obtained for the sole purpose of carrying in states having reciprocity or recognition is a ridiculously necessary response to ridiculous (and unconstitutional) gun laws, and is an example of what's wrong-headed about people saying "but it's the law" to many stupid laws.

It was the law in European countries in the 1500s to possess a bible printed ONLY in Latin. Having a bible printed in English would get you the death penalty by burning at the stake. "It's the law" is a mindless answer to things that are just wrong or not based upon reality.

"It's the law" doesn't cut it when the law renders a person defenseless...especially when the law-makers and enforcers are surrounded by defense measures for themselves.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast