Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: PA no longer recognizing Utah Non-Res permits?

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    I agree that this doesn't smell right. I haven't seen anything, and as I understand it, Utah reciprocity is statutory, so there is no agreement for her to try to modify.

Does anyone really think that this could happen and go unnoticed?
    Well, technically, if it did happen, it didn't go unnoticed.

Default Re: Utah

Looks like the OP is in NJ...which means it is 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% likely he does not have a NJ license to carry so that means no PA LTCF.

He should move to PA...not cheap and not easy, but at least then he could get his PA LTCF cheaply and easily

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Looks like the OP is in NJ...which means it is 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% likely he does not have a NJ license to carry so that means no PA LTCF.

He should move to PA...not cheap and not easy, but at least then he could get his PA LTCF cheaply and easily
    As long as he doesn't move to Philly, aka West New Jersey.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lackawanna County)

Utah honors ALL STATE permits not DC or our territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandydancer5618 View Post
    Our attorney general is making it impossible for non residents to carry here with out of state permits. If you have a permit from your home state you can apply here in Pa. Cheap and easy to get.
    Long time lurker, but I had to jump in here...

Obtaining a non-resident LTCF used to be easy, but an increasing number of Sheriffs are now turning away nonresident apps. Yes, those who have a permit from their home state. Check out this from the Pike County Sheriff:

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

The Pike County Sheriff’s Office will no longer be accepting out of state resident
    license to carry applications effective immediately. It is impossible to investigate
    the many applications from out of state that are being denied or being placed into
    research due to criminal charges in another jurisdiction. This office has no authority
    across state lines and cannot conduct a proper investigation on character and
    reputation that is paramount before issuing any license. Since last year this office
    has been receiving out of state applications at an alarming rate at a 20: 1 ratio to
    Pike County residents. Many out of state applicants never return for their permit or
    are put into research and cannot be reached when called by this office. Pike along
    with several other counties have ceased issuing out of state license to carry permits
    at this time due to the same reason.
    Pike County residents will be unaffected by this
    rule.
    Yeah guys, so it appears as though options for non-residents are dwindling. He put this up last year. This is NOT simply a "get a PA LTCF" issue.

(Jefferson County)

Someone should remind the sheriff that do not "shall issue" to non-residents that it is a 1st degree misdemeanor, which would nullify their right to keep and bear arms privately(they would probably be exempt for LEO duties though).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    E-mail sent to PA AG. Will post any replies though I suspect that nothing has changed and UTAH CCWs are usable by non-resident of Pa. Pa residents cannot use the UTAH CCW in Pa due to the recent Commonwealth v. McKown, 2013 PA Super 282 - Pa: Superior Court 2013.
    this makes sense, maybe she changed it so that PA residents cant carry in PA with a Utah license because of the recent ruling in Commonwealth v. McKown, hopefully nothing changed with non residents, if she keeps going this route soon PA license will be honored no where
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

well it appears that the cancer is slowly spreading into PA, all it'll take now is a Democratic Governor and we're set
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Lackawanna County)

First of All I stated facts I did NOT say I agreed She is stopping non residents from carrying in Pa. Im for national reciprocity 100000 percent. Same as my drivers license. My reply was to the post from delaware he can cross the border and get a permit but the people from nj voted their legislators in.vote them out its a 2way door. I work in the republic of new jersey and the very same people crying do not attend rallies or do anything to help their cause . Argued it with coworkers every week when they bitch. Too busy had to go fishing saturday monday crying how the 10 round limit will affect thdeir .22 rifles and make them criminals. My one coworker has 3permits fl, va, arizona, too busy working overtime and fishing to help the cause. Another one has va. And fl. So he can carry in Pa. All no good now. I pointed out that the nj second ammendment group was looking for area reps. Gues what they did?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    well it appears that the cancer is slowly spreading into PA, all it'll take now is a Democratic Governor and we're set
    On what do you base that?

Nonsense.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast