Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Being generous or is he close

I bought a used Stoeger Luger back in the early 70s. I don’t remember what I paid for it. About 10 years ago the sear broke, the gun stayed in the safe till a couple months ago. I took the gun to a Gunsmith, I had him check it over and replace the sear.

I ask him if selling what would be a fare price. The gun is in VG condition with the original box paper work Mag loader and one magazine.

He told me I should have no trouble getting $300.00 for it. This seems on the high side to me but I have seen some pretty ridicules prices on guns the last couple years. Any thoughts on what the gun would really be worth if I sell it.

Default Re: Being generous or is he close

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post

He told me I should have no trouble getting $300.00 for it.
    Looks like it could go $50 either side of that, depending on the condition.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Is it the .22 model? If so, there are a few on gunbroker between $260 and $400. Don't get me wrong, some prices on gunbroker are flat out ridiculous. My Blue Book of Gun Values is at work, or I would look it up there for you.
    Jules

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    I bought a used Stoeger Luger back in the early 70s. I don’t remember what I paid for it. About 10 years ago the sear broke, the gun stayed in the safe till a couple months ago. I took the gun to a Gunsmith, I had him check it over and replace the sear.

I ask him if selling what would be a fare price. The gun is in VG condition with the original box paper work Mag loader and one magazine.

He told me I should have no trouble getting $300.00 for it. This seems on the high side to me but I have seen some pretty ridicules prices on guns the last couple years. Any thoughts on what the gun would really be worth if I sell it.
    Check and see what they have sold for on GB and the like.