Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Police shooting "Frenzy" in Miami.

Miami-Dade was also the department in the early to mid 2000s had something like 23 officers arrested for placing drop guns on bank robbery suspects after police involved shootings.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    When SHTF on the street, one can not be in total control of the surroundings.

On the range, the targets turned on the horn or whistle and turned back again. They were always evenly spaced apart. Usually full front view. And unbelievably they never shot back at me. Strange how that doesn't happen in real life.

People don't take issue with their actions as much as they take issue that the cops are held to a different standard than us peons.

Its that silly "nation of laws not men" idea that the law ignores.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    People don't take issue with their actions as much as they take issue that the cops are held to a different standard than us peons.

Its that silly "nation of laws not men" idea that the law ignores.
    I think law enforcement professionals should be held to a different standard and that standard should be higher.
    Every other professional in their discipline is held to a higher standard then their amateur counterpart. Professional drivers are held to a higher standard than non-professionals, professional plumbers, carpenters, doctors, attorneys, the list goes on and on. They are all subjected to ethics and performance standards which is set higher than if they didn't have that license or wasn't getting paid to do that service.
    As an "amateur" the standard I have to adhere to is written down as statutes and laws (here's what you can and can not do). If I fired 300 rounds at two guys because I thought they were armed and it turned out they weren't and I shot up some houses and cars and shot two police officers by accident, I bet I would've been charged and convicted of breaking at least one of those laws.
    Somehow it's ok if a "professional" police officer does the same.
    It really is pitiful but it's not as pitiful as the bullshit that always follows as cops try to defend the actions of other cops"(no one understands what we go through", "this job is too hard to do correctly", "wa.wa.wa"). Right now there should be a group of police departments around the nation getting a public announcement together demanding the resignations of the officers involved in this fiasco because whether they like it or not, these things are no longer local issues. It effects everyone who wears a badge, until individual officers and command leaders realize that, they will continue to lose credibility, and they are too damn stupid to figure out why.
    Last edited by ray h; May 9th, 2014 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidb72 View Post
    This is the one gang that you absolutely do not F with.

23 officers firing 377 rounds.

Seems reasonable...

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06...ises-concerns/
    377/23=16.3913043478

What I want is an investigation to find out who had the .3913043478 of a bullet!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Dogood View Post
    Bazinga!!!!
    Easy there Sheldon.

Not everybody has the ability that McSull does to know who is armed before the reports and stories are written.

(Allegheny County)

It's probably because all the cops looked.... you know... like.... him.....

(Lawrence County)

Funny, 3 page thread so far and no dumbos showing up to defend these keystones.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Easy there Sheldon.

Not everybody has the ability that McSull does to know who is armed before the reports and stories are written.
    So if you don't know if they are armed or not you just dump 300 bullets into their car then go find out? You've gotta be a cop.

Pathetic is all I can say.
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    Wow. 2 of their own ended up getting shot by fellow police officers in the cross fire. Fuckin idiots.
    Should be fairly simple to ID the shooters and prosecute them for shooting a cop! Throw the book at them!! Seriously, if you shoot a cop, what happens to you? Should cops be treated any differently? HELL NO!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast