Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default House Rep Lucas introduces bill to allow semi-autos for hunting small game

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=2230
    Let's push hard for this!
    I made a thread about it in the hunting section as well.
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: House Rep Lucas introduces bill to allow semi-autos for hunting small game

Perfect timing. I just purchased a bolt action .22 so I could hunt with it

(Chester County)

Default Re: House Rep Lucas introduces bill to allow semi-autos for hunting small game

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Perfect timing. I just purchased a bolt action .22 so I could hunt with it
    Don't hold your breath, and there is nothing wrong with hunting with a bolt gun, but yes, I am supportive of legislation that allows semi auto rifles for hunting.

(Chester County)

How many autoloading .22's have a cartridge capacity of no more than 6?
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    Actually a lot.

I am in favor of this. The lawmakers like to say that it would be a disaster, beacause hunters, with a semi-auto at his/her disposal, would simply rapid fire at the poor beast and throw bullets everywhere. But we only need to look at all the other places where semi-autos are legal for hunting to see that that's not the case. Hunters, even when armed with a semi-auto, often pride themselves on that perfect, one-shot kill that they can brag to their buddies about. There's something satisfying about putting that bullet in just the right spot that the animal is dropped easily with minimal suffering.

I would support this. There's no good reason not to, IMO. Personally, I'd rather hunt with a good bolt-action, but that's just my preferance, and I have no right to tell others they have to adhere to my preference.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

(Montgomery County)

The biggest thing for me is that I just want to be able to hunt with my favorite rifle. Capacity for hunting isn't much of a concern, so I would single load if I had to. I just want to hunt with my AR and M1A.
    PUT AN ACOG ON IT!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    I have an old Remington that had 5 or 10 shot mags available. I only have 10s but I have seen 5s
    The are, however, pretty uncommon. (The Remington 5 round mags, that is)
    Last edited by Remington788; May 8th, 2014 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Clarification

(Jefferson County)

Note, this bill would only legalize .223 caliber(or less) semi-auto's for coyote, fox, and woodchuck. ..which is a step in the right direction. AR's are quite popular for varmint and predator hunting in other states. And 5rd "hunting mags" can be had easily. Many states that allow semi-autos do have a 5rd mag limit for hunting. We would actually be 1rd better than those states with this bill.

Squirrel, rabbit, and other small game hunters would still be limited to manually operated firearms.

It's a step in the right direction. And if approved, it may show that hunting with semi-auto's isn't all that bad. ..which in turn could open the door for semi-autos for other small game and large game.
    Last edited by knight0334; May 8th, 2014 at 12:07 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    It's a step in the right direction. And if approved, it may show that hunting with semi-auto's isn't all that bad. ..which in turn could open the door for semi-autos for other small game and large game.
    Yes it is a step in the right direction, and I have never heard of bullet riddled animals in states where semi auto rifles are legal to use in hunting.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Yes it is a step in the right direction, and I have never heard of bullet riddled animals in states where semi auto rifles are legal to use in hunting.
    Well, I have seen some yahoo's unload 30rnd mags on a deer in Florida. I watched them walk into the woods from their truck with a short magazine, then look around, then change out to 30rnd mags in their Mini-14 or 30(couldn't tell which it was - definitely a Ruger Mini). They both then shot the hell out of a small 4 point buck opposite of the clearing that I was beside.
    Last edited by knight0334; May 8th, 2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typo
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast