Quote Originally Posted by chophead69 View Post
I am new to gun show but at the 3 I have been to in last 2 months I found high prices and sellers who think their items are made of gold. I really think I found the lowest cost on the items I wanted to buy but it took some haggling. If a seller wants to sell he will move on the price , if not? I walk. The Allentown show I brought 3 boxes of ak ammo for 40 a box. At the philly armory the same ammo was 80? Same ammo! Anothe seller had 5.56 on stripper clips 420rds of federal at 189 plus tax, walmart has same ammo for 174! Sks rifles that were beat to death at 475, mossin nag at 200! With hex receivers costing 20 more. Really? Only prices at the allentown and philly show was the stags at msrp. But it seemed every seller there marked everything up high and only a few seemed nice to deal with. And I am the guy who is looking to buy ak47, ak74, mossins, sks and ammo plus gear so its not like I go broke. Hell even my son swid most of the sellers he talked to were rude and he is 11. Not the reaction he gets at motorcycle shows. He saves to buy his own parts for his sporty chopper he paid for just like he saved for his first ar15 and why pay 8 for a box of ammo with a beat to hell box when he can buy the same ammo for 8 at the lgs. Sellers need to wake up. The cost for a gun shop to buy 22 ammo is no different then it was 4yrs ago but yet they feel the need to charge us 50 for the same ammo that cost us 18 to 20.
Agree. I am looking for an AK-74. Not going to pay a third more when I can get it on line for less. Only thing holding me back, for now, is that is want to see and handle it before I buy.