Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default NAA Black Widow plus new holsters on the way

I already have a North American Arms (NAA) Mini in 22lr-

-The novelty of a gun that small is just cool. It is a fun gun to shoot but obviously it's a challenge to shoot it well.
    Enter the Black Widow, a bit bigger with great grips and real sights.

I've had my eye on one for a while but I haven't seen one in person in years. Well my favorite shop (Tanners in Jamison Pa) had two in stock, with both 22mag and 22lr cylinders for $299 and I couldn't resist.

I am so glad I did, while still small you can actually shoot this thing. Here's one of my targets from 7 yards with 22lr-

I haven't tried it with 22mag yet but I'll bet that will be a blast (literally).

Right after getting it I immediately hit ebay to see what holster options were available. I found this one and it looked super cool so I ordered it-

-it turns out these are made by a guy who is new to holster making who posts over at the NAA forum, Derek from DRBHOLSTERS. I noticed he was offering some custom work so I contacted him with an idea I had for a "better" holster, a convertable, reversable, tuckable IWB/Pocket holster. A few emails back and forth and my dream was reality-

The design may need a few tweaks but I think it would be perfect for the P-32, P-3AT/LCP. Right now he only does NAAs but if the demand is sufficient he's willing to branch out. He has the capability of laser engraving custom images. He did a guys family crest on the NAA forum. If interested in something drop an email to DRBHolsters@gmail.com .
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: NAA Black Widow plus new holsters on the way

Nice !

really like the holster too.

Cb

(Lackawanna County)

I love my NAA Wasp.

It's a fun little gun.

I admit that I don't really carry it though. It is more of a range novelty gun.

NAA are some well made little guns, I have the forerunner to the Black Widow in .22mag only and the smaller NAA .22LR

I also have the .32 auto Guardian which is also well made, But a little quirky to strip down for cleaning, But still not bad. Sadly mine are pretty much safe queens as I've moved on to bigger carry guns, But they are fun to shoot from time to time.

Nice Holster btw.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Delaware County)

This is outstanding shooting with that little revolver. Have you tried to put the wood grips from your older one onto the Black Widow? Try it and see how it shoots. It might not detract much from your shooting. They look more compact & concealable.
    Tim

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by timdennis View Post
    This is outstanding shooting with that little revolver. Have you tried to put the wood grips from your older one onto the Black Widow? Try it and see how it shoots. It might not detract much from your shooting. They look more compact & concealable.
    No can do, they won't fit. The Black Widow is a larger Magnum frame, the grips on the .22 LR or .22 Short revolvers don't interchange. I am debating on ordering a set for it ( available here-- http://www.revisioncv.com/ ), but so far I like the feel of the "big" rubber grip. NAA has lots of other grip options too-- http://northamericanarms.com/accesso...dow-grips.html

EDIT: Here's a pics showing size difference of the 2 frames--
    Last edited by carwash; May 4th, 2014 at 08:51 PM.

(Butler County)

I like them. My 22 mag is really loud. I'm going to look into a new holster. Mine is worn out from carrying it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bortle View Post
    I like them. My 22 mag is really loud. I'm going to look into a new holster. Mine is worn out from carrying it.
    If I ever see .22 mag ammo again I'd love to try some. I may have to order some online.

(Northampton County)

You should try the holster grip. I frequently go back and forth from the original large grip and the holster grip. The holster grip carries like a pocket knife and unfolds into a full sized grip that you can get your whole hand on. Great for compact carry and shooting.
    I just like to pop in every now and then to see what nancyinpa has for sale.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KevininPa View Post
    You should try the holster grip. I frequently go back and forth from the original large grip and the holster grip. The holster grip carries like a pocket knife and unfolds into a full sized grip that you can get your whole hand on. Great for compact carry and shooting.
    I tried the holster grip on my LR mini and while I liked the idea, I wasn't thrilled with the execution. The one that I have has a lot of movement when open, the gun kind-of rocks back and forth in the grip. From what I read on the NAA forums most seem to fit great while some are unlucky like me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast