Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Florida Warning Shot Bill waiting Gov Signature

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Plenty of cops, judges and jurors believe that pulling a gun is "using" deadly force, meaning that we're one step away from considering open carry to be essentially the same as shooting someone.
    <Snip>
    Cops and DA's are happy to prosecute armed victims who simply defended themselves using the least possible injury.
    We need the names of the judges and DA's to vote every single one of them out of office at most immediate opportunity. And every one of those cops need to lose their jobs.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Florida Warning Shot Bill waiting Gov Signature

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    It makes the retarded libs happy. How many times do you hear a sound bite of some mother crying that her no good piece of shit kid was killed where the clip includes something along the lines of "he could have fired a warning shot".

The issue is:
    1. Discharging a firearm in public spaces is generally illegal in most towns.
    2. If you discharge a gun to defend yourself, that is a good enough reason to ignore statement #1.

The gray area is the "warning shot". Does that fall under statement #1 or #2?

This will add statement #3: If you discharge a gun as a warning shot, that is a good enough reason to ignore statement #1.

Personally, I don't like it. As far as I'm concerned, my warning shot is you seeing the business end of my gun. Your next action will dictate mine.

Sometimes all you get is 1 round - make it count.
    And where will the warning shot go after it leaves the barrel?
    'It is Their Right, It is Their Duty, To Throw Off Such Government '

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234