Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Received a renewal notice today but my LTCF doesnt expire until 2016???

This most likely is due to the fact that a few years ago I lost my wallet and my sheriffs office told me I needed to apply for a new license rather than get a copy of the old one. I assume this is around the time the original one would of expired. Should I be concerned that there is some sort of mix up in the records even though my license clearly shows a 2016 expiration? Thanks in advance for any solid info, Brian
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Received a renewal notice today but my LTCF doesnt expire until 2016???

I would be concerned that there's now two records of you having an LTCF in the database. If you were to get stopped after the first one expires and they run you, they may find the expired one and not the good one and may decide to arrest you to let the courts sort it out.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Default Re: Received a renewal notice today but my LTCF doesnt expire until 2016???

My guess... Sounds like the sheriff forgot to "revoke" your lost license before issuing the new one. CALL HIM on Monday!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    My guess... Sounds like the sheriff forgot to "revoke" your lost license before issuing the new one. CALL HIM on Monday!
    Then pray that he doesn't revoke the wrong one.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks guys. I knew I would have to speak with the office directly of course but just wanted to get some feedback over the weekend. When I went in after losing the original it took a while for them to find me in the computer. It was the same guy that has been there for years, maybe he was having an off day. My bet is that there are two records like previously suggested. Thanks again.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(York County)

When I lost mine they issued me a replacement, it had the same expiration as my old one and had "replacement" marked on the top

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    When I lost mine they issued me a replacement, it had the same expiration as my old one and had "replacement" marked on the top
    I hear people say this from time to time. It makes me wonder how their counties do this, when there is no stipulation in the law for replacing a lost license and the only legal way to do it is to revoke the old one and issue a new one. That is what almost everyone is told and must do. But every now and then, I see a comment like this and wonder what exactly they're doing when they replace them.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

(Luzerne County)

At least they sent one. I have been carrying for 25 or 30 years and received my first notice a few weeks ago.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lancaster County)

I just got off the phone with the sheriff's office. I don't have two seperate licenses like we thought. As it turns out I actually have three!! It seems that each time I went in, original, replacement and renewal I was issued an entirely new card with new numbers. They are all in my name with correct adress and info. The man on the phone assures me that no action needs to be taken on my part and that the card I am in possession of is valid and good until 2016. I am thinking about asking a Leo friend to "run" my name and see what he comes up with just to be safe. Is that something he can do without negative consequences for either of us? Thanks, Brian
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(York County)

My license has three squares at the top that can be marked "New", "Renew", and "Dupli/correction".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast