Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Berks County)

Default Re: New Jersey’s Magazine Ban Law is Set to Move Forward Next Monday

I expect Krispy Kreme will sign it. That will be the end of him and I won't have to hear about him anymore.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Delaware County)

You bet your ass he'll sign it
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocking26 View Post
    You bet your ass he'll sign it
    That doesn't really count, since he didn't sign it a year ago. When there was a lot more pressure.

It's going to be a decision based on his current attitude and politics. That quote by him a few posts ago sounds vastly different and more worrying than the way he dismissed this out of hand a year ago.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    i went to one of Christies task force meetings, the one he set up after sandy hook

anyways 90% of the antis were saying that they need to focus more on PA because over 60% of the guns and ammunition used in shootings in Newark, Trenton, Camden and so on came from PA

they were saying that its because of PA gun laws that the inner cities in NJ have so much gun violence

one lady even said that a 13 year old boy from Trenton can go to a gun show in PA with 20 bucks and buy a handgun and that no one would ask the boy a question or refuse the sell because that's how the PA gun nuts are

this is just a little in sight on how the left think there, their running out of wiggle room for more laws in NJ so when the violence doesn't go down in the NJ inner cities they're going to turn to PA and blame PA for all their violence

edit to add- even the task force admitted that a magaizne reduction bill will serve no purpose in NJ unless the bordering states of NJ change their laws too
    These are the same people who claim that "Straw Purchases are legal".

Here is a PDF of form 4473. All of us sign these when we purchase firearms from an FFL.

http://www.thundertek.net/documents/4473.pdf

Note question #12 a

"Are you the actual buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual byuer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you."

The gun control lobby does not admit that the penalty for violating this form is the SAME penalty for falsely signing your income tax form - perjury.

So the penalties against "straw purchasing" are the same penalties assigned for tax fraud.

Note the following; "I certify that the above answers are true and correct. I understand that answering "yes" to question 12a when I am not the actual buyer of the firearms is a crime punishable as a felony".

There is a special extra mention of question 12a in the signature section....

"I certify that the above answers are true and correct. I understand that answering "Yes" to question 12a when I am not the actual buyer of the firearm is a crime punishable as a felony".

The gun control lobby, as often is the case, are lying about straw purchases and "13 year olds buying guns at PA gun shows".
    Last edited by GeneCC; May 14th, 2014 at 08:53 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    These are the same people who claim that "Straw Purchases are legal".

Here is a PDF of form 4473. All of us sign these when we purchase firearms from an FFL.

http://www.thundertek.net/documents/4473.pdf

Note question #12 a

"Are you the actual buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual byuer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you."

The gun control lobby does not admit that the penalty for violating this form is the SAME penalty for falsely signing your income tax form - perjury.

So the penalties against "straw purchasing" are the same penalties assigned for tax fraud.

Note the following; "I certify that the above answers are true and correct. I understand that answering "yes" to question 12a when I am not the actual buyer of the firearms is a crime punishable as a felony".

There is a special extra mention of question 12a in the signature section....

"I certify that the above answers are true and correct. I understand that answering "Yes" to question 12a when I am not the actual buyer of the firearm is a crime punishable as a felony".

The gun control lobby, as often is the case, are lying about straw purchases and "13 year olds buying guns at PA gun shows".
    A false statement of a material fact on the 4473 form is punishable by up to 10 years pursuant to 18 USC 924, part of the FIREARMS code 18 USC CHAP 44. Under Commonwealth statutes, it also is an F3 = up to 7 years. The Federal proscription is found under 18 USC 922(a)(6) and is an entirely different crime than perjury (18 USC 1621 = 5 years).

The is no specific crime "straw purchase" -- the crime is misrepresenting a material fact on the 4473 which encompasses, amongst other potential misrepresentations, the "actual buyer".
    Last edited by tl_3237; May 14th, 2014 at 09:54 PM.
    IANAL

From NJ.com:

"Supporters on Monday said that, in the case of mass shooters, the few seconds it takes to change a magazine could provide bystanders a chance to stop the shooter. "

How the f*** will anyone do that if they're not allowed to have carry weapons either?

Screw these people.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

Quote Originally Posted by win67 View Post
    From NJ.com:

"Supporters on Monday said that, in the case of mass shooters, the few seconds it takes to change a magazine could provide bystanders a chance to stop the shooter. "

How the f*** will anyone do that if they're not allowed to have carry weapons either?

Screw these people.
    They will vomit, urinate and defecate on command.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by win67 View Post
    From NJ.com:

Screw these people.
    Yes, but they can reason with him!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    A false statement of a material fact on the 4473 form is punishable by up to 10 years pursuant to 18 USC 924, part of the FIREARMS code 18 USC CHAP 44. Under Commonwealth statutes, it also is an F3 = up to 7 years. The Federal proscription is found under 18 USC 922(a)(6) and is an entirely different crime than perjury (18 USC 1621 = 5 years).

The is no specific crime "straw purchase" -- the crime is misrepresenting a material fact on the 4473 which encompasses, amongst other potential misrepresentations, the "actual buyer".
    Thanks.

Do we need a special crime called "Straw Purchasing"?

I don't think so but who am I?
    Last edited by GeneCC; May 17th, 2014 at 06:17 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Thanks.

Do we need a special crime called "Straw Purchasing"?

I don't think so but who am I?
    "Straw Purchasing" is a coined phrase. Both Commonwealth and Federal laws already criminalizes it since, inherent within its definition, the 4473 filer must falsely state that they are the 'actual buyer'.

In addition to the 10 year Class C Federal felony , it also is an F3 in Pa. These existing laws sufficiently cover it. If only they were more stringently applied instead of bartered away - sigh.
    Last edited by tl_3237; May 17th, 2014 at 07:25 PM.
    IANAL

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567