Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: New Jersey’s Magazine Ban Law is Set to Move Forward Next Monday

Just another reason to STAY OUT OF NEW JERSEY! I will not enter that cesspool for any reason. I have a number of very good friends that live there and I've told them all "If you want to see me, you can come to PA.". Our oldest son is a member of a very successful band, and I've told him that if they play in NJ on their next tour I won't be there. I can sympathize with those who, for any legitimate reason, have to live or work there, but I will not spend one red cent of my money, or any of my time, in that state.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

NJ is a lost cause and regardless of any efforts put forth will only continue the decline to out and out fascism. I really do feel for the good people there who don't have a chance fighting the "machine" and due to family, work or whatever just can't pull up and leave. I did 18 years of hard time there and one of the best things to ever happen in my life was moving to PA in '82. The state has NO respect at all for the citizens or "subjects" as it sees them.

The ONE and ONLY reason I'll go there is to visit my step mother. It's getting to where it's too hard for her to travel up here, so there really isn't any alternative. I guess 3 or at the most 4 trips a year is it and I make a point to not spend a penny there (even though the gas is cheaper) as that would make me complicit in providing funds to enable them. Otherwise, I don't care what ultimate, fantastic experience could be there, I'll pass rather than cross the river. A very good friend invites us to spend time with him on his boat every year, but I can't bring myself to feel imprisoned. Interestingly, out of the 6 or 8 people in nj I considered to be my close friends, only two are still there (and one of them is headed to FL in another year).

We have to keep the mentality of nj from creeping across the Delaware and infecting us here. It's closer than many realize. A good portion of the people moving to PA from there aren't refugees looking for freedom, but are bringing the disease with them.

Regards, Jim

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Yes, I agree. Going from a 15 round limit to a 10 round limit in a state that basically does not let you carry your firearm outside your residence or place of business serves no purpose except to be antagonizing and give the anti-gun folks in New Jersey a bigger false sense of security.
    The Antis get to "punish gun nuts". *shrug*

I feel for the people of New Jersey. Most do not deserve their government even if enough of them voted for it.

(Bucks County)

I loved NJ. I loved how everything was an hour. I love deep sea fishing. I loved hunting. It wasn't until I moved to pa that I realized how bad NJ gun laws were.

I left and never look back.

I am waiting to see what happens with this bill. If it goes through I probably will never hunt or shoot in NJ again.

This is brilliant. It's already illegal to carry any sort of firearm outside the home for defensive purposes, and it's extremely hard to acquire a handgun in the first place.

Therefore, the incentive to fight this, or any of the other laws, is reduced because there is less to gain. What difference does a round limit make anyway at this point? The effective limit for carry guns is already 0 rounds.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    As a former serf of PRNJ, former candidate for state office (because of the anti 2A BS) and an active participant in last year's BS law throat ramming, I believe I have good insight into the process.

Monday, a bunch of people will show up for the hearing.

The pro 2A will outnumber the anti 2A speakers by at least 5 to 1.

The committee will thank everyone for their participation.

Committee will vote 3-2 to pass the bill on to the full house.

House will give it lip service and the vote will go down party lines with 1 or 2 outliers either way and bill will pass to Senate.

Same thing in Senate.

Bill will go to Crispy Cream's desk.

This is where it gets hinky in NJ.

There are 3 possible outcomes when a bill gets to the Governors desk.

#1 Sign it, it becomes Law

#2 Veto it, and it doesn't (but veto can be overridden, however the D do not have enough votes to make this happen)

#3, and the scary one, is if he doesn't do anything for 60 days (I think it is 60), the bill becomes law.

#3 is the scary one because if he takes no action, and the bill becomes law, he can legitimately say that he never signed an anit gun bill into law. I doubt this is the path he will pursue, but it is a very real threat. He can literally play both sides of the argument here. "I never signed anti gun law" for pro 2A people, and "NJ passed common sense gun laws while I was Governor" for the anti 2A folks.
    I agree with this, and I believe it will be vetoed and the veto override will narrowly fail. I think folks are a little too negative on Christie. I don't think by any means he's a "gun guy" because he has an R next to his name, but I also don't think he's an anti either. He'll simply go whatever direction the wind blows. Even in NJ, I don't think the average voter will care whether this is passed or not.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    I agree with this, and I believe it will be vetoed and the veto override will narrowly fail. I think folks are a little too negative on Christie. I don't think by any means he's a "gun guy" because he has an R next to his name, but I also don't think he's an anti either. He'll simply go whatever direction the wind blows. Even in NJ, I don't think the average voter will care whether this is passed or not.
    I agree.

The folks who don't care about guns - the vast majority - will shrug off the veto.

The folks who shoot will be relieved.

The folks who hate guns will whine. If Christie signed the mag limit into law they would whine about the next "threat" - probably handguns themselves.

Gun controllers are never happy with existing gun laws because if they were ever happy they'd have to find something else to get upset about besides "gun violence". Heck, they might even have to deal with their own lives and find meaning in them. I bet quite a few don't have much meaning in their lives. Picking up litter, helping kids learn to read or do arithmetic or improving people's health habits (one person at a time) aren't as satisfying as "ending the scourge of gun violence".
    Last edited by GeneCC; May 3rd, 2014 at 01:05 PM.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    I agree.

The folks who don't care about guns - the vast majority - will shrug off the veto.

The folks who shoot will be relieved.

The folks who hate guns will whine. If Christie signed the mag limit into law they would whine about the next "threat" - probably handguns themselves.
    I would argue that the majority in jersey actually fall into the third group. Having lived there 35 years and still having friends and family there.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I would argue that the majority in jersey actually fall into the third group. Having lived there 35 years and still having friends and family there.
    I know your pain i lost many family and friends that moved there because
    I REFUSE TO GO SEE THEM because i will not step 1 inch onto that soil! I hold my beliefs very tightly!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    The bill also limits fixed RIFLE mags to 10 rounds. This would make illegal many tubular .22 rimfires as they become 'assault weapons'!

S993
    I had read that the Marlin model 60 was designed/built with the New Jersey 15 round limit in mind, which may change now.
    ...and they have a plan...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast