Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: I'm back

(Allegheny County)

Default I'm back

Hey all. It's been quite a while. Since the burglary, I have been a little busy. I have been conducting my own investigation into the matter. I have a suspect, but proving that the person did it is a little tricky. As it turns out, I have been BEING investigated as well. One of my relitives has accused me of filing a false police report, and selling my guns illegally. What reason I would have to do this is beyond me.

Anyway, said relative came into my house (legally) and was moving some things out of the house when they came upon my hiding place as I had not purchased my safe yet. To make a long story short said relative carried away (illegally) the remainder of my collection, save my XD9mm which i was carrying at the time. Said relative refused to return my weapons until i provided registrations for all of them. The reason being, she thought she had come across the weapons that were reported stolen. I stood accused. Affronted, annoyed, antagonized, bitter, chafed, choleric, convulsed, cross, displeased, enraged, exacerbated, exasperated, ferocious, fierce, fiery, fuming, furious, galled, hateful, heated, hot, huffy, ill-tempered, impassioned, incensed, indignant, inflamed, infuriated, irascible, irate, ireful, irritable, irritated, livid, maddened, nettled, offended, outraged, passionate, piqued, provoked, raging, resentful, riled, sore, splenetic, storming, sulky, sullen, tumultuous, turbulent, uptight, vexed, and wrathful do not even come close to describing how i felt especially since i had the perfect oppertunity to file charges against said relative for unlawfully absconding with my weapons. Attempting to keep peace within the family, I refrained from such actions.

To complicate matters, the GLOCK was the only one I had the sale papers for. The rest were water damaged in the flood a while back and I never had the presence of mind or time to procure the paperwork for them.

Anyway, to make a really long and sickening story short, that whole thing has kept me really busy, but i'm back.

Again, if anyone has any information please pm me or email me. Thank you all. Glock22XD9
    I know a lil about a lot, but I don't know a lot about anything!

(Erie County)

Default Re: I'm back

Almost beginning to think someone came back and stole you

Crazy family member, that sucks

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock22xd9 View Post
    One of my relitives has accused me of filing a false police report, and selling my guns illegally. What reason I would have to do this is beyond me.....

....To make a long story short said relative carried away (illegally) the remainder of my collection, save my XD9mm which i was carrying at the time.
    GAWDAYUMMM!!!!!!

Thats seriously messed up man. I'd say its time to cut off whatever blood ties there may be, scrath that person of your will, and put them on your shit list.

Are you telling us.. this relative of yours, walked into your house, and TOOK YOUR GUNS without your permission???? And then proceeded to leave your residence, with YOUR GUNS??

And what did you do about it??
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    GAWDAYUMMM!!!!!!

Thats seriously messed up man. I'd say its time to cut off whatever blood ties there may be, scrath that person of your will, and put them on your shit list.

Are you telling us.. this relative of yours, walked into your house, and TOOK YOUR GUNS without your permission???? And then proceeded to leave your residence, with YOUR GUNS??

And what did you do about it??
    Technically said relative owns the house that i live in, so entering was not the issue. However, taking property that belongs to s criminal justice student is not the most intelligent thing to do.

As far as how i handled it, it took a lot of patience to show the restraint i did. If I was not being trained in handling irrational people with a professional attitude, I would have snapped. If this had happened two years ago, it would've been a really bad situation. Thank God I have tact.

So what i read here is that you did the "family" thing and not wanting to disturb the family, you did not file a report?

...had the perfect oppertunity to file charges against said relative for unlawfully absconding with my weapons. Attempting to keep peace within the family, I refrained from such actions.
    Or am I reading this wrong?

Where are your guns now, do you have posession of them, or does this "relative" have them? If they do, they are illigally in posession, and can if they want to go to one of those buybacks deliver them there, then your SOL. Do a report to the PD, tell them what happened. Does not matter that this is family, if you dont do the report, you are setting your self up for a fall, as the PD does not like to hear some one has guns "Missing" and unreported.

Just my 2 cents
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    So what i read here is that you did the "family" thing and not wanting to disturb the family, you did not file a report?

Or am I reading this wrong?

Where are your guns now, do you have posession of them, or does this "relative" have them? If they do, they are illigally in posession, and can if they want to go to one of those buybacks deliver them there, then your SOL. Do a report to the PD, tell them what happened. Does not matter that this is family, if you dont do the report, you are setting your self up for a fall, as the PD does not like to hear some one has guns "Missing" and unreported.

Just my 2 cents
    I did not file the report, but man I wanted to!!!

All of my babies are back where they belong now. In my SAFE where no one can abscond with them again. Unless of course they take the floor boards with them. If someone really wants them that bad... I hope i interrupt them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock22xd9 View Post
    I did not file the report, but man I wanted to!!!

All of my babies are back where they belong now. In my SAFE where no one can abscond with them again. Unless of course they take the floor boards with them. If someone really wants them that bad... I hope i interrupt them!!!
    Is that all of the firearms that were previously missing, or just the ones your relative took? If all, was the perp that committed the initial break-in caught? was it someone known to you or your family?

Also, it's time to move on. This, or something like this, will happen again. Control is part of the game.

Also, you'll have the last laugh. You're younger, your relative will eventually age and ask *your* help for something. That's when you whip out a copy of this thread, your journal or some other record of this capricious interference. Ask her to read it out loud. Your call what happens next.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Is that all of the firearms that were previously missing, or just the ones your relative took? If all, was the perp that committed the initial break-in caught? was it someone known to you or your family?

Also, it's time to move on. This, or something like this, will happen again. Control is part of the game.

Also, you'll have the last laugh. You're younger, your relative will eventually age and ask *your* help for something. That's when you whip out a copy of this thread, your journal or some other record of this capricious interference. Ask her to read it out loud. Your call what happens next.
    The relative returned the weapons she took. The BG has not been caught, nor has he returned any weapons. I really wish he would, but it is not very likely.