Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Beretta PX4 owners?

So I shot a 9mm PX4 saturday night at Targetmaster and I really liked it. I saw on other threads that several people here have some and I just wanted their opinions. How is it for CC if at all? It didnt seem that big but I didnt want to try and tuck it in my waistband on the range. I know some people dont like the safety on the slide but that doesnt bother me and they have a good reputation for being reliable. I had another question or two but I cant think of it right now. All input is appreciated.

(York County)

Default Re: Beretta PX4 owners?

The PX4 is an outstanding gun. With that said....please take the time to invest in a quality holster. I know of a few people who CCW the PX4, but it is a bit too long and heavy for me and my body type. I have put thousands and thousands of rounds thru mine and not one single FTF or FTE. I enjoy it very much. The changeable backstrap is a nice thing, but once you find the backstrap that fits you the best, you won't be changing them out. Find a good basic pistol course and invest in what fits you, feels good, and is affordable.

(Chester County)

i love my px4... thousands upon thousands of rounds through it with no problems... its usually the gun i carry if im going to conceal which isnt often, but i carry it in a desantis n87 at 4clock. not a problem to conceal at all

(York County)

...and if it does seem a problem to conceal, the PX4 sub-compact is to be out this summer per Beretta USA.

(Bucks County)

have shot a couple thousand rnds thru my 9MM PX4 with no problems whatsoever...a real sweet shooter...have CC'd it a few times but a little too heavy for me with the 17 rnd mag...prefer to CC my Taurus 85...CAN'T wait for the subcompact to hit the market...that will definitely be my new CC piece but my current model will still be my first love..

(Centre County)

thanks for all of the replies. OneChambered, I also have a Taurus 85 but have only CCed it once since I just got my LTCF. hoping to pick up a PX4 this weekend since I got my stimulus check finally and I do plan on taking a basic pistol course. just a matter of time and money.
    thanks again.

(York County)

Be sure to take some time to give us a good range report on your experience with it.
    I have found that on the first few trips to the range, people usually have good input for their handgun and some things that they like/dislike. Be sure to let us all know!

John

(Centre County)

well, it looks like the PX4 is gonna have to wait a little while. I saw this and couldn't help myself.

I've wanted a 1911 for awhile and like the Springfield Mil-Spec so I had to have it when I saw it. Targetmaster said they would have a few 9mm PX4s in a few days but I couldn't wait to blow that stimulus check. Oh well, start setting aside overtime money and hopefully in a few months pick up the PX4.
    Thanks again for the replies.

(York County)

Beautiful 1911! Be sure to give us a range report on THAT!!

John

(Centre County)

well since you asked,
    took it out first thing this morning and put 93 rounds through it with no problems. 93 cause i left 7 at home just to have a full mag, ya know, just in case. anyway, at first i was hitting to the left and a little low but then i got the feel for it. i think i was a little too excited still since I actually own it as opposed to just blasting away with a rental. my girlfriend likes it too, more so than my Taurus .38 but not as much as the PX4 we rented so I still have to get one of those. She put one of her first shots right between the eyes of one of those cheesy targets of a guy with a hostage.
    all in all it was a good morning.
    take it easy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast