Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Palmetto State Armory

Hey I know this isnt a local gun shop but I wanted to post about my recent experience with PSA.
    I am in the process of completing my 1st AR build and I got the Lower, Lower Build Kit, BCG and Upper Assembly from PSA.
    I placed my order for the lower and Build kit at Midnight on 4/7 and it was at my FFL on 4/21-10 business days and a holiday. I also placed a 2nd order for the Upper Assembly, BCG, Electronic Ear protection and a Front site on 4/13- The upper is schedule for delivery tomorrow-10 business days and a holiday.
    PSA's policy is stated clearly on their site as 15 Business days for shipping time.

In both instances they were well within the 15 days and I believe the prices were very good.
    In addition I had to deal with CS because the lower was a FB Special $50 but when I checked out it rang up at $60. I wanted to get the free shipping so I went ahead and completed the order. I email CS and within 5days the $10 was credited to my CC. I think that is pretty good CS.

They are currently running Free Shipping on Select Upper Assemblies, AR Parts and selected ammo.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...show-sale.html

just wanted to post my 2cents on the subject because I know they have had some bad rep for shipping. They may not be the fastest but they delivered on what they promised.

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Palmetto State Armory

My dealings with PSA have always been positive.
    MikeP

(Tioga County)

Some people have said that they have slow shipping. Maybe during the great panic of 2013 there might have been but I've never had a problem and have always gotten a good deal I've been happy with.

(Lackawanna County)

Last edited by ROK; September 20th, 2014 at 12:17 AM.

(Chester County)

My favorite place to shop first for great deals especially for AR stuff. Slow shipping is a bit frustrating and the tracking numbers are often dead (says "processing" yet it showed up at my door ) but all in all I've never had any issues.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Montgomery County)

Picked up 1200 rounds of 7.62 x 38R (Nagant revolver) ammo from them a couple of weeks ago. Delivered within 4 days and I ordered on a Sunday via the web. Excellent service and price (half the regular for PPU) Dave_n

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_n View Post
    Picked up 1200 rounds of 7.62 x 38R (Nagant revolver) ammo from them a couple of weeks ago. Delivered within 4 days and I ordered on a Sunday via the web. Excellent service and price (half the regular for PPU) Dave_n
    It's the only place I can find ammo for mine that isn't $25+ a box.

(Carbon County)

I had an issue where I ordered 2 uppers, and UPS delivered 1 and sent 1 back to PSA because of a screwup on their end (UPS's end, that is).

PSA is sending me back the upper free of charge.

I have gotten multiple uppers, lower parts kits, magazines, etc. They always shipped out everything but the uppers well in advance of the upper which seems to take some time to manufacture from their end. I've always gotten everything within their 15 business day promise, usually way ahead of it.

I've talked with their customer service multiple times, they are always helpful and on the ball if you can stand the wait on the phone to get a person (They always seem to be super busy, doesn't matter when I call).

Will definitely do business with them again. Everything I've gotten is superb quality and at the right price point.

(Berks County)

I will agree that the way they ship items is odd to say the least. In my first order of a lower and parts kit they shipped the parts kit in 5days and the lower in 10days.
    I would think it would be more cost effective to ship one package but what do I know. Same thing with my 2nd order, upper assembly took 11 business days the rest of it was here in 5.
    Still can't beat the prices.

(Berks County)

Yeah it sucks to have wait for stuff but both of those are within or close to the 15days shipping which they disclose up front.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast