Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Cool State Game Lands #43

Hey all, I wasnt sure how many folks head out that way, but there is a beautiful range out on state game lands #43. Its off of Laurel Lane in Elverson, PA. Just about north west-ish of Downingtown. I've gone there the past few months and love it. No Caliber restriction (state does have a 3 round per mag limit) and has a 50 and a 100 yard backstop. I'm typically up there on the weekends, I typically bring my Mosin Nagant, my Archangel mosin build and my Bushmaster. Feel free to stop up and say hi if you guys are in that area

(Chester County)

Default Re: State Game Lands #43

I'll be heading up Saturday morning around 8am. Anybody else heading up there?

(Montgomery County)

Is this the SGL range by French Creek?

(Wayne County)

I sneak up there weekday mornings while the kiddo is at school to shoot some groups or function test stuff. I avoid the place on the weekends.

That said I have met some really nice folks with the 8am crew.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Chester County)

Haven't been there in years due to some bad, unsafe practices I witnessed. Glad to hear it has improved, probably due to the permit requirement (keeps out the rif-raff).
    Last edited by JAKIII; July 19th, 2015 at 11:17 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder 21 View Post
    Hey all, I wasnt sure how many folks head out that way, but there is a beautiful range out on state game lands #43. Its off of Laurel Lane in Elverson, PA. Just about north west-ish of Downingtown. I've gone there the past few months and love it. No Caliber restriction (state does have a 3 round per mag limit) and has a 50 and a 100 yard backstop. I'm typically up there on the weekends, I typically bring my Mosin Nagant, my Archangel mosin build and my Bushmaster. Feel free to stop up and say hi if you guys are in that area
    Hello all. New owner/shooter here. Is SGL #43 limited to rifles, or can I shoot a (.22) pistol there?

I'm in the Chester County/Delaware County area, and would like to visit an outdoor range to shoot (after paying for the permit).

Thanks.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Hello all. New owner/shooter here. Is SGL #43 limited to rifles, or can I shoot a (.22) pistol there?

I'm in the Chester County/Delaware County area, and would like to visit an outdoor range to shoot (after paying for the permit).

Thanks.
    Kemosabe......It is my understanding that the pistol range shooters have to post targets at 50 yards. If no one else is present, you may be able to walk mid-range and shoot closer. The SGL ranges in recent years have returned to their original purpose to serve hunters in their pursuit to sight in their rifles. Try the game lands range, but you may consider joining a private club after your visit. By the way, follow their policies and rules. That particular range is monitored and there has been cases where violators have been given a non-traffic citation for violations.