Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CZ Shotguns

(Delaware County)

Default CZ Shotguns

What do you guys think about CZ shotguns. I am interested in a CZ Bobwhite SxS in 12ga. They come with a manual safety, double trigger, and a straight english style stock. These are all features that I like and it is a very beautiful gun. I have many other firearms from CZ-USA and they are very reliable. But I have to say that I do not have a CZ shotgun and would like input from someone who does before making a purchase.

Thanks

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: CZ Shotguns

They are pretty nice. They are Turkish made by a couple companies for CZ, Huglu and Akkar.

I have a pre-CZ made by Akkar and imported by KBI. Its the hammered(working) 3" 12ga with 24" in barrels and with a tight full(.696") and cylinder(.732") chokes. Its tight opening and closing, which is something I like. Good on clays, dove and tree rats - also turkey shoots. ..have taken home a ham and bird with it.

You really cant tell the difference between the Akkar and Huglu guns. ..I think they may be related companies or Turkey is forgiving for copyright/patents violations.

RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I have a CZ Redhead in .410 that shoots great. It's never given me any trouble and when I do my part it breaks clays. Get one.

(Bucks County)

Your question is very timely. I've been doing a lot of research on a field shotgun and considered a CZ myself.

What I found searching the next, handling some CZs, and talking to people who have sold or owned CZ shotguns kind of led me away from them.

For the price they are decent guns . . . usually. The biggest problem I find with the CZ shotguns is that a lot of people have had problems with them. Others have great experiences. Take it for what it's worth, but I'm a bigger fan of consistency in weaponry.

Maybe you scratch a winning ticket, and maybe you get one that pulls you into customer service hell. I want a gun and not a gamble.

A gunsmith talked about the metal used in the internals of these Turkish CZ shotguns as being a little soft and inferior to others out there. Metallurgy was a major step down from the Italian and German guns, he said. True, but so is the price tag, right? All the same, I didn't like hearing that.

The guns that I held were decent, but nothing that bowled me over. I was looking closely at the Woodcock and the Redhead.

I'm sorry I couldn't offer more glowing results from my research, but hope that this post helps you in your decision-making process all the same.

(Delaware County)

Thanks a lot, I think I have decided to save for another more upper crust shotgun. I am not decided as of what on which I shall buy. I am leaning toward SxS but may also consider an O/U.

Smile Re: CZ Shotguns

You can shop around on your pc. I bought a Ihica SKB 280 12GA. 26" BARRELS. for $1,100. these are great sxs. love it. just a nother thought for you. hope this will help a little.

(Berks County)

O/U hands down bud!

(Lycoming County)

The older CZ/Huglu shotguns did have firing pin issues, but over the past few years that has been addressed.
    Jack