Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default heidelberg 3 gun match

i was finally able to make it out to one of these matches with 2 other friends and i must say it was worth the 2 hour drive. this was my first 3 gun match so of course my shotgun wouldn't feed and i ran into other issues but the ROs and other competitors were very quick to lend a helping hand and get me back on track. if anyone is considering trying out this match i suggest you do so and bring a friend along as well.

suggested supplies: besides guns ammo etc. bring water, possibly a cooler, a chair, sunscreen and bug spray.

thank you to the members of this great club who make it happen, it is greatly appreciated.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

Default Re: heidelberg 3 gun match

The last time I went, it took 8+ hours to run 4 stages. The safety brief wasn't a safety brief, but a bitch fest about how people are taking brass that isn't thiers. The rest of the day was ran monotonously and slow. The guy who runs it did prove that you can make something too safe, to the point where it interfered with the dynamic of the match. Maybe he was making up for the lack of a quality safety brief. If you want to shoot a real multi-gun match, look into the two gun series being put on at New Holland.

It apears they make thier rules up as they watch the latest epsiode of '3-Gun Nation'. This is what you get when you have people running a match with no tactical or competitive experience. I could put on a better match while high on bath salts using something abstract like red solo cups as targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Philadelphia County)

I haven't shot at nhrpc yet, maybe next month. I found the match enjoyable and I expected a long Day since so many people have missed matches in the last months due to the range conditions.

I personally dont see how this match could've been run any faster or with less safety involved. With 60+ Shooters and a lot of beginners it's expected to be a whole day event.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    The last time I went, it took 8+ hours to run 4 stages. The safety brief wasn't a safety brief, but a bitch fest about how people are taking brass that isn't thiers. The rest of the day was ran monotonously and slow. The guy who runs it did prove that you can make something too safe, to the point where it interfered with the dynamic of the match. Maybe he was making up for the lack of a quality safety brief. If you want to shoot a real multi-gun match, look into the two gun series being put on at New Holland.

It apears they make thier rules up as they watch the latest epsiode of '3-Gun Nation'. This is what you get when you have people running a match with no tactical or competitive experience. I could put on a better match while high on bath salts using something abstract like red solo cups as targets.
    So I guess you're not going on Saturday?