Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Facebook gives "Everytown" to Bloomberg

Quote Originally Posted by chiefdjs View Post
    It does not matter if this page is sponsored by a pro 2nd amendment person as the first one, or by this pathetic person. Cream will rise to the top and as you can see by the page responses, it is "occupied" by pro 2nd amendment supporters. This pathetic person has stuck a stick into a hornet's nest.

I believe if this keeps up, he will take his own page down in frustration.
    Progressive myths are a hothouse flower, they can't survive facts, or rebuttals, or any challenge at all.

Which is what makes inevitable the page owner eventually posting something like "this page is intended to be a forum for common-sense gun laws, not for the NRA minions to spew their talking points. Therefore, we are closing the group."

And that will be fine, because their sole purpose is to propagandize the masses, which is hard to do if you restrict the page. They face an insoluble problem: They want to appear like a grass roots group, but their primary facade can't be maintained if they allow the common folks to participate. They are a top-down cult, with their talking points and goals determined by the self-appointed elites. If they let the common folks have a say on their "gun safety" page, then their true goals will be overwhelmed by common sense discussions about modes of carry, and identification/treatment of those who are currently mentally unstable.

They simply cannot allow open discussion, because people will naturally ask awkward questions, like "when was the last time that a bayonet lug caused a crime?", or "why do we protect the president with men with machineguns, but school kids are told to just hide under desks?"

Facebook is showing its ass, too, by openly siding with just one side of a debate, allowing just one side to spout controversial viewpoints and treating reasonable opposing responses like some sort of vandalism.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

"If all you know about firearms is what you learned from watching Elmer Fudd in cartoons, then you might want to leave the serious discussion to the adults.
    This is a failing that we see a lot from the anti-rights crowd, the "shoulder thing that goes up" and the “30 magazine clip in half a second!” folks who don't know the names for basic gun parts, fail to grasp the difference between semi-auto guns and machineguns, and think that the little 5.56 is "too powerful for deer" and we should be satisfied with the traditional 30-06 or .308 hunting cartridges (both of which are visibly larger and hit with much more kinetic energy than the poodle-shooting AR-15 round.) They have no idea of what they speak, yet they feel competent to micro-manage our rights."

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    I called this one in advance. Facebook is run by PC types.

https://www.facebook.com/everytownfo....org?ref=br_rs
    So did they give it, or was it taken? Is there any way to know?

(Chester County)

Another reason I don't use Facebook. It is another mainstream media outlet that is of course anti (legal) gun. MSN, Google, Yahoo, Comcast, et al are also far left, and anti gun.

(Wayne County)

Gunlawyer, are Liberals really capable to ask smart questions, like what is a bayonet lug? They've been so badly indoctrinated and brain washed, I think thats impossible. GUNS ARE BAD, GUNS ARE BAD, GUNS ARE BAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Gunlawyer, are Liberals really capable to ask smart questions, like what is a bayonet lug? They've been so badly indoctrinated and brain washed, I think thats impossible. GUNS ARE BAD, GUNS ARE BAD, GUNS ARE BAD.
    They aren't predisposed to ask such questions, which is why the nonsense that finds nurturing support in their cloistered enclaves can't survive robust and open debate.

I can't recall any topic where the Left wants to have an open and fair debate with the Right, where the Right refuses to engage. On the other hand, there's Global Warming, and the War on Poverty, and "What Did Obama Say While in College?", and "What Exactly Has Hillary Accomplished Other Than Being A Woman Who Received Responsible Jobs Based On Her Husband's Status?"

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    . They are a top-down cult, with their talking points and goals determined by the self-appointed elites.
    Case in point about exactly how elite they think they are, from an interview with Hizonner:

Pointing to his work on gun safety, obesity and smoking cessation, [Bloomberg]said with a grin: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5157221
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    "What Exactly Has Hillary Accomplished Other Than Being A Woman Who Received Responsible Jobs Based On Her Husband's Status?"
    She was fired and nearly disbarred for her work on Watergate scandal investigation, her boss said she was incompetent to the point of criminality

She sure is leadership material for the liberal left
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    She was fired and nearly disbarred for her work on Watergate scandal investigation, her boss said she was incompetent to the point of criminality

Yep. She was crooked from the beginning, and so partisan even her Democrat boss fired her for doing illegal acts.

What do you expect her to do "stay home, and bake cookies"?

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post

Incompetence would have been bad enough, but she went further, and tried to actively deceive everyone else regarding some relevant case law that weakened her goal.

She is amoral, and purpose-driven towards power. She has all the malice of a serial killer, but without the charm.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast