Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75

(Delaware County)

Default CZ 75

Anyone own 1 of these? I've been thinking about purchasing 1 as my next piece, but I'd prefer to shoot it before buying it...Problem is, none of my personal friends own 1 and the ranges I've been to don't rent them. What do you personally think of it, if you own 1/fired 1? I like the overall look of it and it seems that it's a well-made and reputable gun.

9mm is ideal for me as my G/Fs Dad has a million casings/heads that are ready to be loaded.

Anyone in SE PA that will let squeeze a few rounds off? I'll pay for ammo, etc.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CZ 75

Let me be the first to say "get it!"

I picked up a CZ85 Combat 9mm model several years ago and I like it so much I also bought a CZ Kadet .22.

I like mine. Great craftmanship, and a nice pistol.

(Centre County)

I say get it.

CZ75 is unusually well made weapon considering its Eastern block origin.
    Some peeps don't care for long DA trigger, and smallish slide srration, but otherwise they are every bit accurate and dependable as any US made DA/SA metal framed weapon(say M9?)
    And unlike m9, you can carry them in condition 1(A round chambered, hammer cocked, safety on
    ). I like that.
    And mighty Jeff Cooper, who was advocate of the Colt 1911, hailed it as the best-designed double-action autoloader available.
    thats about best recommendation any pistol can get IMO

Oh darn.... now that I'm talking about it, I want one..
    I've always wanted one of them in SS, but I just never had oppertunity..
    Last edited by Mity2; June 8th, 2008 at 03:04 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Delaware County)

Yeah..I read somewhere that the CZ 75 and the Browning hi-power 9mm are in their own class...I've shot a Browning hi-power 9 and I must say-I liked it..

(Westmoreland County)

I own the SP-01 model http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=73 and its an awesome gun. I like the extra weight of the full length dust cover combined with the lighter slide that rides inside the rails rather than outside, it shoots straight and muzzle flip is greatly diminished.

CZ 75s have a great rep and can be had at reasonable prices. Plus 16 round mags can be had for 20-25 bucks each. Hope you get your hands on one, if you liked the Hi Power you'll probably like CZs.

(Dauphin County)

I have a CZ75B in 9mm. Fantastic pistol. Never failed me. I say get it. I am still looking for a holster for mine.

(Montgomery County)

Have both the CZ75B and the 85B. Would not part with them. Dave_n

(Delaware County)

anyone willing to let me try theirs out?

(Montgomery County)

Andrew: This Saturday afternoon if you are interested I can let you try either out at the Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club in Audubon, PA. The gun club is on Egypt Road just West of Audubon. Go past the Audubon shopping center, heading West on Egypt Road and approximately 100 yds after the Mill Grove Apts, the entrance is on your right at the bottom of the "dip" when heading towards the 422 Pottstown bypass. Alternatively, if you are coming from Secane via the Blue Route, take the 422 Pottstown bypass from K of P to the Oaks exit, turn right at the bottom of the exit ramp, go East on Egypt road through the second light (first is controlling the exit), the road narrows to two lanes, down the dip then at the bottom of the dip, left into the club driveway.

I can be there at just about 1 pm. Look for a short gray haired guy with a white beard driving a white (when washed) Acura Integra coupe hanging about looking lost just outside of the main clubhouse. Dave_n

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast