Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Glock 17 Magazines

Since getting a Glock 21 for EDC, I haven't paid too much attention to my Glock 17. I recently picked up three boxes of 124gr +P Winchester PDX1 in 9x19mm for the Glock 17.

I noticed that my 17-round magazines (two Gen3 and one Gen4) hold 18 rounds each and my 33-round magazine (Gen4) holds 34 rounds.

Is this normal? I'm not putting any excessive pressure on the magazines to force a final round it - it just goes in with the same amount of pressure I have always put on the UpLULA.

Default Re: Glock 17 Magazines

Yes it is normal but the extra space in the mag is to allow a full mag to be easily inserted into the gun with the slide closed and also to allow the slide to be easily racked by hand.
    If you add the extra round and insert the mag you have to give it a hard push to seat it. Remove the one round and it goes in nice and easy

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Yes it is normal but the extra space in the mag is to allow a full mag to be easily inserted into the gun with the slide closed and also to allow the slide to be easily racked by hand.
    If you add the extra round and insert the mag you have to give it a hard push to seat it. Remove the one round and it goes in nice and easy
    I noticed that my Glock 21 doesn't have that extra space - the magazines hold 13 rounds, and that is it (and I have to fight to get 30 into the extended Vector magazines).

When I get home from work, I'll experiment and see how well the mags seat on a closed slide and 18/34 rounds.

The 9mm rounds are smaller (obviously) so they don't need as much space to get in an extra round as .45acp.

Load the mags to rated capacity and done. All mine are loaded that way. Some guys down load them by one but that is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    The 9mm rounds are smaller (obviously) so they don't need as much space to get in an extra round as .45acp.

Load the mags to rated capacity and done. All mine are loaded that way. Some guys down load them by one but that is not for me.
    Then I have a dilemma with the 33-round magazine. It's a 31-round magazine with the Glock extension at the bottom. But I've heard conflicting information - some people say the extension is +2 for 40/357 and +3 for 9x19, and others say its +2 9/40/357.

Anyone know for the fact if the extension is +2 9mm or +3 9mm?

Since the mag is 31 rounds and glock calls it a 33 rounder I'm going with +2. If the factory that's making the stuff is saying to load them to 33 or 17 round capacity why not just stick with it. Not as if 17 or 33 rounds isn't enough