Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: congressional dems request import bans

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    The ABA lobby is too powerful to allow rectification of the problem especially since most elected to Washington are lawyers.
    Yeap. Lawsuits are easy meat with the "Deep Pockets" attitude of most Juries. "They need, they got".

We need lawsuits to punish crummy workmanship and slipshod designs.... I think that things have gone too far today. It's more like "They'll settle out of Court, I'll take forty, you get sixty. Why not?".

Ironically the explosion in the number of Attorneys is driving down the wages of lawyers. I've read proposals to eliminate Student Aid for people going to Law School just to balance things out.

The American public gets what it deserves.... we want to let other people think for us. We are we surprised that we get people like Mike Bloomberg trying to run our lives?

In an earlier age Mike would be heckled out of the public view. Today some people admire the man. He himself imagines that he's going to get to heaven by making peasants and serfs out of us.

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: congressional dems request import bans

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Just maybe, stopping imports is a good thing. Here in NEPA the number of people out of work is in record numbers. Stopping imports, not of just firearms and ammo, just might do some good to get more things made here in the USA and people back to work. I don't know about you, but I like things that are made here other than in some foreign country....
    Which is exactly why the firearms industry supported the 1968 gun control act. They incorrectly and selfishly assumed that if you cut off cheap imports that people would start buying more expensive american arms.

What happened instead is that they destroyed the entry level market. People who would have gotten involved with guns couldn't afford them, so they picked up other hobbies. Without a steady influx of new people the firearms industry, as well as gun rights will collapse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12