Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Hamlin Speedway

(Wayne County)

Default Hamlin Speedway

Well, as a youngin I used to go to races at Moc-A-Tec and what is apparently now Bethel Motor Speedway and always enjoyed the evening out with my family. I have been wanting to hit up some local races and now with a little guy of my own I figure it would be a cool thing to start doing again, especially since "Mama Friday" liked the idea.

I just looked online and see that the Hamlin Speedway is opening up this weekend. Does anybody frequent the track, is it worth the short trip down there on a Saturday night? Any warnings that should be offered up before heading down? Presumably they have food and drinks there, is it any good or would it be wise to bring your own? It looks liek warm ups start at 5, is there any need for getting there early?

I suppose I will eventually hit up Bethel, but it is further away and in that other state so not really in a big rush to visit there.

Thanks for any info/details available,

Pat
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Hamlin Speedway

Just so you know, Hamlin is a go kart track they run some bigger cars but if your looking for full size your at the wrong track. Taking the little guy can be expensive, you'll end up having to buy a car, trailer, tires, etc.. Just kidding, it has always been a fun track to watch races at. Food is the usual hotdogs and burgers.

(Wayne County)

Thanks for the response, I had noticed that they didn't seem to have many pictures of actual "street" cars and had a sneaking suspicion about that. I figure it will still be worth checking out some time, there are less entertaining/more expensive ways to blow a night in Wayne County... Are there any other race tracks in the area?

I don't think I would mind if he did get into it when he got older, I think it would be an awesome thing to be able to do together. If not for that danged pesky money aspect, better find lots of sponsors... HAHA
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Venturerider View Post
    Food is the usual hotdogs and burgers.
    Dont forget the great "SnowCap" sandwhich . . .

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by RBELARDI View Post
    Dont forget the great "SnowCap" sandwhich . . .
    Now, that sounds different... HAHA How are you Rob, how's the Dakota these days?

(Monroe County)

I went here a looong time ago, took a girl on a date.

Couldn't figure out why no one sat in the first few rows, couple laps later and covered in mud, we knew lol, had a great time though

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday View Post
    Now, that sounds different... HAHA How are you Rob, how's the Dakota these days?
    I'm good the Dakota has been sleeping since last year. Priorities change just dont have time for it.