Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Anyone in/around York with a Dillon XL650?

This is a somewhat odd request, but is anyone in/around the York area with a Dillon XL650? If so, would you mind giving me a demo on it before I drop ~$1,000 on one?

(York County)

Default Re: Anyone in/around York with a Dillon XL650?

I know how you feel I am on verge of getting one myself. Running a pair of Square Deal B's now. I guess it is fair to say I have become a fan of the blue cool aid.

Looks like your planing on getting a loaded model with Case feeder, Strong Mount, bullet tray, Tool Holder ect ect.

Graf and Sons seems to be the best Deal with no tax or shipping fees only a handling charge of $7.95 if I recall I like doing business with them however Trop has them on the shelf these days for the instant gratification.

Good luck with the future purchase I have had a tough time holding back myself.

(Monroe County)

Brian Enos also carries dillon and order over $400 ship free. He also has great info on what press is best for you.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by reichebrown View Post
    Brian Enos also carries dillon and order over $400 ship free. He also has great info on what press is best for you.
    Yup, I've been hammering BrianEnos.com's store spec'ing out an XL650. I currently have a Hornady LnL AP which is pretty good but has a few increasingly annoying quirks (violent shellplate indexing, incomplete shellplate indexing, case feeder issues). While changing calibers is absurdly simple on the LnL, I'd like to get another press to dedicate to .223 leaving the LnL for 9mm where it seems to excel. I can pound out 9mm rounds with minimal issues (I just did ~430 in around 45 minutes), but .223 reloading has been cumbersome on my LnL.

Anyway, it's not so much the shipping I'm worried about as how the press operates. I've heard that the priming system in the XL650 isn't as good as the LnL's, but manageable. I was hoping someone local would let me use theirs for a bit, or at least let me watch as they pull the lever a few times. I think Trops sells the XL650 but I haven't asked them if they have one set up that potential customers could use (not to make live ammo, mind you, just to try it out).

(Allegheny County)

Check out Dillon XL650, on Youtube, you can at least watch some videos.