Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 22 snake shot

Wink Re: 22 snake shot

I Tried snake shot years ago,It would not feed in my semi-auto and when shot out of my revolver the casing was hard to eject and my target board at 3-5 feet there was so much spread you dont get good concentration of the pellets.I dont know if they have been improve d over the years but would not want to get shot in thew ass with it,lol.

(York County)

Default Re: 22 snake shot

Hmmm ... I work on a farm in Maryland . I'll have to check the laws there . Thanks for all the input on the laws around here. I can't believe you can't shoot a snake . Quick clean kill ! What the heck !

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I Tried snake shot years ago,It would not feed in my semi-auto and when shot out of my revolver the casing was hard to eject and my target board at 3-5 feet there was so much spread you dont get good concentration of the pellets.I dont know if they have been improve d over the years but would not want to get shot in thew ass with it,lol.
    I hear ya there ! I was afraid of some bounce back from them little bb's . I only ever kill them if they are in the barn or around the barn . They have barn parties there and a snake dropping from the rafters ain't really a " good time " for anyone of these people .

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerstroke7.3 View Post
    Hmmm ... I work on a farm in Maryland . I'll have to check the laws there . Thanks for all the input on the laws around here. I can't believe you can't shoot a snake . Quick clean kill ! What the heck !
    You might also want to check the MD laws on handgun possession. They have pretty strict laws and I'm going to guess you can't bring your revolver to the farm with you. But I'm not certain.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You might also want to check the MD laws on handgun possession. They have pretty strict laws and I'm going to guess you can't bring your revolver to the farm with you. But I'm not certain.
    I guess I should . I leave it down here in the safe . I dont carry it . Its just here if a sick coon is around or something like that . But yea I guess I should look that up too . Thanks for the reminder

(Dauphin County)

Thanks, Svickstc!

I yelled, "It's comin' right for us!" That always works.

Oh, and there are definitely snakes that will attack, even chase your ass down when they detect your presence in the area. The Bushmaster comes to mind from personal experience. Of course, there aren't a lot of them around here as far as I know
    Don't forget "STOP RESISTING!"
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    unfortunately, that would be tough to prove (unlike being attacked by say a larger animal deer, beer, etc).

and snakes usually dont attack unless cornered or bothered...now you step on a snake in the wild and get a bite, they always say it is best if you can to catch or kill the snake to be able to identify in case and need of anti venom...
    Of late I usually see advice not to bring it in. Either the hospital will use a polyvalent antivenin (effective against many species) or they can find the correct monovalent antivenin through testing. They don't want a snake (live or dead) brought in.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Of late I usually see advice not to bring it in. Either the hospital will use a polyvalent antivenin (effective against many species) or they can find the correct monovalent antivenin through testing. They don't want a snake (live or dead) brought in.
    Good information, things do change continually...

(York County)

Thanks, Svickstc!

I yelled, "It's comin' right for us!" That always works.

Oh, and there are definitely snakes that will attack, even chase your ass down when they detect your presence in the area. The Bushmaster comes to mind from personal experience. Of course, there aren't a lot of them around here as far as I know
    Is this a Southpark reference?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerstroke7.3 View Post
    I hear ya there ! I was afraid of some bounce back from them little bb's . I only ever kill them if they are in the barn or around the barn . They have barn parties there and a snake dropping from the rafters ain't really a " good time " for anyone of these people .
    You shouldnt be killing them period. They are there after the rats and mice. I think they would rather have a snake then one of the many plagues mice can help spread.

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    For all north american native sp besides coral snakes (of which no antivenin exists) they use Crofab. Exotics is where it gets tricky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast