Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ukraine crisis

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Ukraine crisis

White House to send Biden to Kiev as conflict with Russia escalates

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House said on Saturday that Vice President Joe Biden would travel to Kiev this month to show support for the Ukrainian government as U.S. officials expressed new concern over "violence and sabotage" by militants it said were apparently supported by Russia in eastern Ukraine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,6438783.story

He's taking his trusty double-barreled shotgun to let the Russians know he's serious.
    MikeP

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    White House to send Biden to Kiev as conflict with Russia escalates

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House said on Saturday that Vice President Joe Biden would travel to Kiev this month to show support for the Ukrainian government as U.S. officials expressed new concern over "violence and sabotage" by militants it said were apparently supported by Russia in eastern Ukraine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,6438783.story

He's taking his trusty double-barreled shotgun to let the Russians know he's serious.
    I heard he's even bringing 4 rounds...that's one warning shot per barrel. WATCH OUT NOW!
    Last edited by PSUWaz00; April 14th, 2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: damn spelling
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Once Ukrainians fucked up all the gains of the revolution, I ran out of fucks to give.

Instead of saying "we are one nation, that lived here together for centuries" the new government started with alienating Russian nationals by claiming Ukrainian national superiority.
    Ukraine screwed itself by disarming and "trusting" us and Nato.

As for Ukrainian nationalism, there is a pretty big justification for it, there is a lot of hostility towards Russians for the Soviet policy which led to millions of deaths in Ukraine in the 1930's. These people do NOT forget.

Google "Holodomor"...aw fuck it, here is a link to Wiki with a decent article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

There was a reason why many Ukranians gladly joined the German army or otherwise aided the nazis.

It is a shit sandwich over there, and we need to stay the hell out of it.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

We have a crisis in the U.S.
    Woops no one gives a shit.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUWaz00 View Post
    We are in a no win situation.

Are we the big bad America who helps the lesser nations who have a bully problem?

Or are we the "eh, we just got out of 2 long wars and need some "me" time" America that says Europe..handle that".

Either way is not very favoriable for us. If we had come straight out and said that this is a European problem and that we would let them take the lead, I could see us being able to bow out gracefully. But since Europe has wavered due to energy reliance, we de facto took the lead on the the rhetoric/sanctions, and now are left holding the $1 billion bag.

Like I said, I can't see us coming out of this without at least a little egg on our face (at best). We've taken the lead on sanctions on Russia and have pledged a boatload of monetary support to Ukraine. We are pot committed but not yet all in. However, there's not a good way for us to fold without looking bad. Sucks but that's the reality as I see it.

Too much American blood has been sacrificed to european barbarians for the sake of european pussies.

Seriously, fuck europe. Let them wage their eco-friendly, fair trade, gender neutral war against the russians, 'merica has domestic trash to deal with.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by 762xIan View Post
    Google "Holodomor"...
    Google russian famine. It happened the same years as golodomor. Thanks to wise leadership of Joe Stalin and his ideas of redistribution of everything. Russians were in the very same boat with Ukrainians back then. Millions died. It wasnt a targeted genocide... I mean, ukrainians werent the target. An average russian suffered as much as average ukrainian back then. Now, ukrainian politicians and nationalists tried to alienate roughly half of that country population. That personally didnt do anything evil to ukrainians. Whatsoever. No wonder ethnic russians asked Putin for protection. And being an opportunistic bitch, Putin was eager to step in.
    Je suis déplorable

(Chester County)

Its going to be a sh*t show no matter how the cookie crumbles. One thing I've learned is never trust a russian. The next lesson is to never trust your own government. Between ukraine, syria, libiya, egypt, and iran we'll be lucky to not start WWIII.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Too much American blood has been sacrificed to european barbarians for the sake of european pussies.

Seriously, fuck europe. Let them wage their eco-friendly, fair trade, gender neutral war against the russians, 'merica has domestic trash to deal with.
    Hey what about european pussies?
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    Its going to be a sh*t show no matter how the cookie crumbles. One thing I've learned is never trust a russian. The next lesson is to never trust your own government. Between ukraine, syria, libiya, egypt, and iran we'll be lucky to not start WWIII.
    Twas the .gov we got when dead people voted in record numbers, along with dead-brained guilt-ridden whites, Mothers Demanding Action in the Back of their Minivans, brainwashed college kids, and the generally purposely uninformed.

A choom-smokin' neighborhood organizer and a half-wit ex-Senator up against ex-KGB Putin. No contest.

Keep you kids out of the US .mil.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Biden is going to the Ukraine??

I'm building a fallout shelter ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12